Do you agree?

Adelaide9216

On 4/8/2017 at 2:44 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

Yes I had adult woman telling me this when I was an early teenager. I am starting to think they were right.

I'm really sorry to hear that. The teenage years are formative and these kinds of ideas are difficult to discard. Whenever I have been single, which is a few times, I always knew when I was not ready to date based on the kinds of people I would attract. When I was not ready to settle down, I would attract flakey artist types who did not want a commitment. Not until I was ready for a committed relationship, and secure as a single person, did I attract the right kind of person for me at that time. However, lots of folks aren't as intuitive as you and end up in really unhappy relationships. You have good and healthy standards of not wanting to be with something who resents your success :) This is a very mature and responsible point of view imho!

If you don't go looking for a relationship, they will happen. That said, you also don't have to exude yourself as also being a strong independent woman that don't need no partner (although you may just do that naturally, being all successful and stuff).

In my experience, I have found that the best partners were not intimidated by my success but actually inspired by it. They were inspired to be better, do bigger things, because I myself was doing bigger and better things. Not once has the "gender power imbalance" between my partners and I ever been an issue and it never will because I am with them not for what they can provide for me but how their minds work.

The right people are inspired and want to better themselves for them, the wrong people are intimidated and try to bring you down so they are on top.