Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

  • Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Search forums
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
AnnMarie

Fulbright 2018-2019

57 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I am very excited to finally get this application process going-- this is something that I have dreamt of applying to for a long time! I am a rising senior majoring in linguistics and Romance languages, and I plan to apply as an ETA to Romania.

Unfortunately, I just found out that my Fulbright advisor at my university no longer works there anymore (no one was notified about this, though...), so any help/advice/commiseration is welcomed haha. I think this will be a great source of information. Can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences with this process.

Best of luck to all!

Edited by hfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone

I'm planning on applying for a Fulbright grant for the third time. The first two attempts were for ETA positions in the Balkans. Now I have my sights set on a research grant in the UK. Does anyone have any experience applying for this particular grant? Any kind of testimonial or advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hfy said:

Hey everyone! I am very excited to finally get this application process going-- this is something that I have dreamt of applying to for a long time! I am a rising senior majoring in linguistics and Romance languages, and I plan to apply as an ETA to Romania.

Unfortunately, I just found out that my Fulbright advisor at my university no longer works there anymore (no one was notified about this, though...), so any help/advice/commiseration is welcomed haha. I think this will be a great source of information. Can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences with this process.

Best of luck to all!

Is your university in the process of naming a new Fulbright advisor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, solaris said:

Hello everyone

I'm planning on applying for a Fulbright grant for the third time. The first two attempts were for ETA positions in the Balkans. Now I have my sights set on a research grant in the UK. Does anyone have any experience applying for this particular grant? Any kind of testimonial or advice would be very much appreciated! Thanks 

Are you applying for the open grant? Because all partnership awards are for study. The acceptance rate is very low (more so than other countries). I was a semi finalist so if you questions pm me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm switching things up this year! Initially I had planned on reapplying to Bulgaria again or applying to Greece or Hungary for the first time. I am now leaning toward South Korea ETA after talking about it with my FPA today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 8:47 AM, catsbloom said:

Is your university in the process of naming a new Fulbright advisor?

I really hope so! I am sure they are, but I haven't received any information at all. I think it was all rather sudden...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! I am a Fulbright ETA to Indonesia who began my journey yesterday in Jakarta. I just launched my first blog that details my experience. Here is the link: theadventuresofmrahmad.wordpress.com

Don't forget to subscribe, like, comment, see photos of my adventure and provide feedback and suggestions. Also, do let me know what you want to hear about my experience! 
All the best in the application process. Please do reach out for questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now