Ivy League Graduate Schools of Education and offering online courses

Expateacher

2 hours ago, Expateacher said:

1. Anyone have the rankings of the Graduate Schools of Education at the Ivy League Schools?

2. Anyone know if any of them offer graduate courses in education online?

Cheers. :)

I believe Harvard GSE offers a *few* classes through Harvard Extension School online.

7 hours ago, Expateacher said:

1. Anyone have the rankings of the Graduate Schools of Education at the Ivy League Schools?

2. Anyone know if any of them offer graduate courses in education online?

Cheers. :)

Are you looking to take a few courses, or earn an entire degree online? I don't think any of the Ivy Leagues offering master degree programs online. I know there are hybrid, and "executive" programs. I know Penn GSE has executive graduate programs, for example. These are programs for working professionals. Johns Hopkins isn't an Ivy League, but it has a top ranked graduate school of education and several online master and a doctorate program online. 

What are your long-term goals? With how much these programs charge for tuition, I personally wouldn't recommend any of them for someone looking to become a classroom teacher. 

4 hours ago, Expateacher said:

I've been out of university for some time so would like to take a course to have a professor then write a reference for me for my application to Harvard GSE.

Here are some rankings. You could probably get a letter of rec from any professor/lecturer with whom you have a good relationship, even if you don't take the course at an Ivy League. I also had been out of undergrad for some time (and went to a large public university where I only had solid relationships with a few professors, as opposed to grad students or TA's) so I got one of my letters of rec from a lecturer I had for continuing ed course I took. It may be more beneficial to take the class in person if you are looking to develop a closer relationship with the instructor. 

Hope that helps.