Advice - Canadian Universities - Master's of Architecture 2017

Hello M. Arch Applicants,

I applied to 7 universities in Canada for Master's of Architecture for Fall 2017 and I have been rejected by 5 universities. My university is unaccredited and my grades are average. My question is should I lose hope and resort to looking for summer architecture internships and try again next year? This forum and admitted list is causing me more stress than before and I need advice and closure. ( I know I need to not look at the result list but it gives me a good idea who I am up against.) I want to know your applicant situations whether it's positive or negative and advise for what is the best way to move forward.

Waitlist:

U of Manitoba

Rejected:

Calgary, U of T, Ryerson, McGill and UBC

Still waiting for offer:

Carleton, Dalhousie

Edited by Antwon

On 08/04/2017 at 8:26 AM, Antwon said:

Waitlist:

U of Manitoba

Rejected:

Calgary, U of T, Ryerson, McGill and UBC

Still waiting for offer:

Carleton, Dalhousie

Hey,

First of all i would say don't be dishearten you will get a lot of chances.

You still have chance at least in U of M.

See if your grades are average UBC, U of T and Mcgill was out of league. You should have something extra ordinary in your application for there universities. I have no idea about calgary. As far as i know Ryerson is comparatively easy to get in so rejection at Ryerson means you should work on your application.

I will say apply for summer internships side by side and take your options into account.You can make a strong profile and then get in a better university.

Still wait for results you might get lucky.

All the best

Early March for Ryerson. They said they only accepted accredited programs by the CACB which was why I got cutoff early. I thought I had a chance with Calgary but apparently not and I heard people are already accepted by Carleton with advance placement early in March as well.