Starting Grad school at Virginia Tech - Fall 2017

solitaryDreamer123

Hi, 

I will be joining Virginia Tech's PhD program in Computer Engineering. Anybody else got admits here ? 

I have some background in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Robotics, and I guess I will be pursuing research along these lines. However, of late, I have started picking up different interests, ranging from genetics to anthropology to music. So, I would definitely love to be part of a diverse community to exchange ideas about well, anything under the sun.  

If anybody out there is looking for a roommate or would like to connect, with a knack for movies, board games, comics, beer, up for a random discussion that can begin with Game of Thrones and end at the International Space Station, please do contact here. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.04.2017 at 6:33 AM, solitaryDreamer123 said:

Hi, 

I will be joining Virginia Tech's PhD program in Computer Engineering. Anybody else got admits here ? 

I have some background in Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Robotics, and I guess I will be pursuing research along these lines. However, of late, I have started picking up different interests, ranging from genetics to anthropology to music. So, I would definitely love to be part of a diverse community to exchange ideas about well, anything under the sun.  

If anybody out there is looking for a roommate or would like to connect, with a knack for movies, board games, comics, beer, up for a random discussion that can begin with Game of Thrones and end at the International Space Station, please do contact here. 

Hey there! I too am going to Virginia Tech for my PhD level. Although my field is completely different than yours (Agriculture and Life Sciences (Horticulture)), I am sure we can talk about Game of Thrones :). I applied to the on-campus housing waitlist, but I was pretty late I guess, will have to see what happens. On the other hand, I am not really sure what is the best option for housing.. Anyway, are you an international student as well? Cheers!