Farewell Thread

To φ or not to φ

Today marks the end of the application season. I guess, at least for most of us, we won't be posting on this forum anymore soon. I've certainly learnt a lot from this supportive community. For that, I'd like to thank all of you. Wherever you may be heading, I wish you success in your future endeavors and in your philosophical journeys! 

Fare well. I imagine I'll be seeing at least some of you around in the philosophy world. Since the next application season is coming around soon and I found the people who stuck around from previous years helpful, I'll probably pop in on occasion. And the other subforums look like they have some good info on the part that comes after making a decision.

Song relevant.

14 hours ago, hector549 said:

Not-quite-a-farewell as I'll be back soon enough when I apply out of my MA program. I also just enjoy this forum, so I'm sure I'll be back from time to time before then. Good luck to all!

Yeah. I'm a fan anyway.

Also, this forum is good for asking philosophy questions irrespective of applications. E.g., you have questions about being professional. I'll be asking some questions on publishing I'm sure.

Hope to see at least some of you around even after the application season ends!  -- hang out in the Officially Grad forums and pass the wisdom along, when newby applicants come to visit in preparation for their application cycle, not all that many months from now. 

7 hours ago, Duns Eith said:

Yeah. I'm a fan anyway.

Also, this forum is good for asking philosophy questions irrespective of applications. E.g., you have questions about being professional. I'll be asking some questions on publishing I'm sure.

I agree. I think it'd be cool to see more questions/discussion in this forum related to graduate school in philosophy after the application process. I know some of the other Grad Cafe forums discuss graduate school more generally, but they're not philosophy-specific.

2 hours ago, hector549 said:

I agree. I think it'd be cool to see more questions/discussion in this forum related to graduate school in philosophy after the application process. I know some of the other Grad Cafe forums discuss graduate school more generally, but they're not philosophy-specific.

I like this idea. Let's make it happen.