GWU vs. Georgetown U for Biostatistics MS

Greetings,

I am planning on applying to a MS in Biostatistics in the Washington D.C. area for next fall and was wondering if anybody here can give me any pointers/advice on which school would be better for this specific program, George Washington U. or Georgetown? Unfortunately, I have not been able to find too much discussion about the biostatistics programs at these schools and I would like to know about their relative strengths and weaknesses.

I am going on the assumption that both GWU and Gtown are going to be relatively equal in terms of my chances of getting in so my main criteria for deciding will be job opportunities afterwards and which school will open most doors.

What do you guys think?

Looking forward to hearing any opinions/advice/experiences regarding these schools.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Edited by NeoPlatonicCopernicus

GWU and Georgetown are both unranked for biostats. On this forum, there isn't much discussion outside of the "top 15" biostat programs (e.g. UNC, Columbia, Pitt, BU, etc.). I'm not sure of the program at GWU and Georgetown, but I'd recommend emailing them for job placements of recent alumni. If they're a good program, they should have no problem giving you that information.

Thank you for your reply, Splanga. Georgetown has a list of places where their alumni got employed on its website, plus it offers to put you in contact with any particular alumni for a more detailed discussion about that so I'm guessing their program is pretty good. As for GWU, I know the Milken School of Public Health (the Biostats program is a joint program between their School of Public Health and their School of Arts and Sciences) is constantly in the top 20 best Public Health schools in the country so...Plus, I think that in the DC area, at least, graduates from these two top DC schools are pretty highly regarded when they apply for jobs.