CUNY Hunter Speech Pathology Program

Sorry to totally derail your post, but wondering if anyone just got the email from Dr. Vogel about being put "on hold" while they review department needs and capabilities. Is this a waitlist essentially? It sort of sounds like they are trying to create a second cohort (since the email says it's 28 students on hold) and are waiting to figure out if they have the staff to accommodate that. Anyone else in this boat? I've already committed both mentally and via a deposit to NYMC, but the tuition at CUNY Hunter is about half the price so it would be a tough decision if it came down to it...

On 4/20/2017 at 8:47 PM, ElKel87 said:

Sorry to totally derail your post, but wondering if anyone just got the email from Dr. Vogel about being put "on hold" while they review department needs and capabilities. Is this a waitlist essentially? It sort of sounds like they are trying to create a second cohort (since the email says it's 28 students on hold) and are waiting to figure out if they have the staff to accommodate that. Anyone else in this boat? I've already committed both mentally and via a deposit to NYMC, but the tuition at CUNY Hunter is about half the price so it would be a tough decision if it came down to it...

I got the same email! I'm not sure what it means either. I thought it was strange how only 28 people are on "hold"

@bianxrose I just saw on the results page that someone who received the "on hold" email last week also received an email yesterday inviting her to interview on Monday. So maybe I'm wrong about the second cohort thing and it's just a plain old waitlist. I wish they would give us some kind of timeline for when we will hear. It's the last school I'm waiting on and I just want some closure! :P