Dani3

Question

Hi,

I am currently finishing my junior year as a Business Major. I want to go into Higher Education, but I only have a 2.87 GPA. I know I can begin to boost my GPA a little over the upcoming summer and the next 2 semesters, but I also don't want to have a heavy load. I am apart of my college's Entertainment Club as the Vice President & President my Senior year. I am also very engaged with my Student Government as the treasurer this year and hopefully President next year, if not VP (still waiting on President results). 

I have spoken to my advisors about what to do next, and one said that exploring Americorps would be a good option before going to Graduate school. If I do go to Graduate school, I desperately need to go to a school in the West, but fear I won't get in since I don't have the best grades. I'm looking at the states: CA, WA, UT, AZ. 

What schools are considered "good" schools, but will accept me? Should I go the route of Americorps first?

2 answers to this question

I think your question requires more thorough explanation to receive an adequate response.

You're a Business major, you want to pursue higher ed - will you pursue an MBA or a different major?

Some schools have minimum GPA reqs (I would estimate most average around a 3.0 min) so first make that your goal over the coming semesters.

I'm not familiar with Americorps so I cannot provide any further advice on this element. Hopefully, if you provide more info, others will be able to better suggest alternative options for you.

7 minutes ago, tonydoesmovie said:

I think your question requires more thorough explanation to receive an adequate response.

You're a Business major, you want to pursue higher ed - will you pursue an MBA or a different major?

Some schools have minimum GPA reqs (I would estimate most average around a 3.0 min) so first make that your goal over the coming semesters.

I'm not familiar with Americorps so I cannot provide any further advice on this element. Hopefully, if you provide more info, others will be able to better suggest alternative options for you.

No, I won't be pursuing an MBA. I want my M.Ed in Higher Education.