Application Advice

abcSLP.AUD

Question

hi all! 

I need some advice on what to do about grad school. I wasn't going to apply this year and last minute I decided to give it a try, so I submitted my applications basically towards the deadlines. I received an email about setting up an interview 2 days ago, but I feel like because it's already the middle of april it's too late and they've already made their decisions about who got in and not. Is it a waste of time to schedule it still? My only concern is that this school is pretty far from my house and don't want to waste the money/time, What do you think?

2 answers to this question

It seems strange that they would request an interview and not have interest in your application. I don't believe they would look to set-up an interview if it was all just an elaborate ruse. If I were hiring for a job, I wouldn't call you in for an interview just to tell you we offered the position to someone else.

If money/time is your issue, you may be able to request an interview via Skype or the like.