April 24th and still no response!

So, it's a week after the 15th and I've yet to hear from two universities (Purdue and Pitt).  I know it's probably too late but I refuse to completely lose hope.  Am I just being naive?  I know it's a long shot by now but I cannot believe they would keep us in uncertainty for this long without, at least, some reason.  Do any of you guys have some input?  I'm really just offloading and venting a little bit so any comment is welcome.  Congrats to everyone that was already accepted!

I also haven't heard from Pitt yet. I sent my program's graduate administrator an email a week ago and no response. I had pretty much already decided on another school, but I still think a response would have been decent. 

Edited by gdala

22 hours ago, Concordia said:

Have you phoned in to see if there is some method to the madness?

I have not.  I'm not in the US so I'm a little coy about straight up calling.  I'll probably email them and see if I get any response.

17 hours ago, EllieKay said:

I think it safe to say that you should contact them to see what is going on. 

I'll definitely do that,  I didn't want to seem too pushy or desperate :p.

13 hours ago, gdala said:

I also haven't heard from Pitt yet. I sent my program's graduate administrator an email a week ago and no response. I had pretty much already decided on another school, but I still think a response would have been decent. 

@gdala Congrats on your other opportunity!  To which program are you applying at Pitt?

Just emailed Purdue and got a response in under one minute: "Your application has been reviewed but no final decision has been made regarding your application.  We have already sent out admission offers and more offers could be sent out before June 15th.  However, chances are low at this point in the process". 

I believe someone else had already posted this response in the result page so maybe it's an automated one.  Seems like I have a little more waiting to do...

Pitt's response: "Your application is currently under faculty review and you should have a decision soon. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you an exact date as to when your decision will be made, but we recommend you to keep checking the application portal for updates. You will also receive an email once the admission decision is made. We appreciate your patience."  What do you guys think?

7 hours ago, lfguzman said:

@gdala Congrats on your other opportunity!  To which program are you applying at Pitt?

Thanks! I applied to the intelligent systems program.  I expect a rejection is coming, but at least it wasn't my first choice.

It sounds like you still have a chance with Pitt based on that response, so don't lose hope just yet!