Waiting for Acceptance after interview

JenT

I had applied to a graduate program April 12th. The due date was April 15th. I received an email April 14th asking me to come in for an interview. I went to a group interview plus a one on one afterwards (April 21st). 

During the group interview and one on one interview I teared up and cried a bit. During the group interview after I had introduced myself and answered when did I know Teaching was for me. Two of the interviewers paused to delve into my topic of education as a means for a better life. They talked for like 5-10 minutes after my introduction. 

During my one on one. I cried yet again. Thinking about my childhood and how hard it was to do well when my parents didn't speak English and how I had to fill out my own lunch form. She told me not to apologize and that it only showed how passionate I am.

The interviewer told me she couldn't tell me if i got in or not because it was a group decision. She said I have qualities that they are looking for and that I have early skills for a teacher.

They said they would inform us if we had gotten in or not in a week. Tomorrow will be exactly a week. I am nervous because I haven't heard anything back yet. My friend had applied for the same school as I did but a different program. She said she got an acceptance 2 days after the interview. Even though they told her it would be a week. 

I am really nervous and really hope I get accepted. Any suggestions? Do you think I've been rejected since they are taking so long? I haven't been able to sleep well since the interview and I've been refreshing my email every hour hoping for an update. 

I wish you good luck! It is a good sign that she informed you that you have the qualities they are looking for. If this is your year to return to school, great! In case it doesn't happen for you this year, volunteer to get more teaching experience and try again because it sounds like she just told you that you have the potential to become a teacher. So you're definitely pursing the right field! :)