Beat Poetry/Lit?

I don't know tons about who is doing work on beat poetry, though I have read that in a few of the contemporary lit professors' interests I've seen. I just can't remember which schools those professors worked for, but I would suggest looking online for people who have written on the beat poets you're interested in recently and cross-referencing that with where they work. Hopefully it's an R1 school with a good grad program in English.

But, I'm also coming here with some more helpful advice than that. Geographically, one of the best places to go for beat poetry would obviously be California. You would be close to the cultural center of a lot of the beats' imagination. Also, UC-Boulder shares a town with Naropa University, the Buddhist institution established by Alan Ginsberg, and is a great graduate program for contemporary lit. Those are some places to start, at least. Hopefully somebody else can come along who knows more than I do and add to the discussion. 

• 2 weeks later...

I started my MA with a primary interest in Beat lit, and I found good resources through the Beat Studies Association (their executive board members are at Tufts and DePauw). As I'm sure you know, there's also a lot of potential for archival work on Beat writers/texts that have been unstudied (or hardly studied), so it might also be worth looking into universities with relevant archives (I think Stanford has the Ginsberg archive, for example, and Columbia has some interesting collections).

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 1:34 AM, chaosmosaic said:

Hi there -- I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone doing in-depth work on beat poetry at the moment, or programs that would lend themselves well to that. Thanks!

One of my dearest friends is currently a PhD student at University of Denver and is studying the Beat poets. http://www.du.edu/ahss/english/graduate/literary-studies-phd/index.html