Thinking of changing plan of action somewhat dramatically

jtokelly

Question

Hi, all. 

I'm coming to you all in hopes of getting a few words of advice. I recently graduated with a Bachelor's in Sociology, minoring in Psychology. I'm 24 and it's time for me to make some serious decisions about graduate school. My "dream job" changed a few times over the course of the five years it took me to graduate but each of those jobs were in the same ball park. To make a long story short, those dreams of putting my degree to use as a Case Manger have sort of slipped into the past for one reason or another. 

Now, a degree in Sociology is almost useless without a lot of experience interning, job shadowing, etc.. 

Rather than going back to school to work toward a Master's degree in a related field I am considering switching routes and pursuing a career in Journalism. 

Has anyone switched from the social sciences to journalism? Have you had success? Would anyone recommend making this change? 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet