NYU DS-2019 and I-20 shipping times

Hi, 

NYU's told me that my DS-2019 for my J1 (and my partner's J2) will soon be shipped. I know that other universities warn that it can take 8 weeks to arrive by post, so advise students to organise express shipping--I've emailed NYU but does anyone have actual experience with how long it takes to receive these documents from NYU? I'm in Australia. 

Thanks!

On 5/24/2017 at 1:46 AM, fuzzylogician said:

It depends on the shipping method, I don't think anyone here can tell you anything useful. 

NYU uses the same method for everyone, so I'm just long-shot asking if anyone else in my position has received theirs yet, and how long it took from notification to arrival. 

Edited by OHSP

Not sure about NYU but I'm also an international student and I would recommend that you opt for the express delivery service. My university told me that it has partnered with certain express services to provide me with reduced rates and I could avail those if I liked. I did and I got my i20 in 3 days. With normal post, my original offer letter (that I thankfully didn't need a hard copy of!) took more than 8 weeks to arrive. 

• 9 months later...
On 5/23/2017 at 7:35 AM, OHSP said:

Hi, 

NYU's told me that my DS-2019 for my J1 (and my partner's J2) will soon be shipped. I know that other universities warn that it can take 8 weeks to arrive by post, so advise students to organise express shipping--I've emailed NYU but does anyone have actual experience with how long it takes to receive these documents from NYU? I'm in Australia. 

Thanks!

Hi, I know it's been a long time since you posted this, but I'll be in the US with a J1 visa next year, and my partner and I have been looking into our chances of getting him a visa... was it very difficult for you to get a visa for your partner? I know each case is supposed to be different, but any insights would be appreciated as we're pretty much lost and where baffled when we saw his chances depended on the interview with the immigration officials... 
Anyway, thanks in advance! :)