NSF GRFP 2008

cogdiss

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got all excited when the NSF applicant login page took a long time to load, but it was just because my internet connection had died.

Looks like I'm going to have to resign myself to failure on the fellowship front this year. Maybe I'll get an honorable mention?

i share that optimism. someone called and said not everyone could see the offer yet. sure, cynics out there will just say they were being nice. who knows. and although not everyone who wins an award ventures onto this forum, i find it hard to believe that we only have a half dozen or so winners to congratulate. just seems ill-proportioned. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

infinite, it was this poster I think he's referring to. you might have missed it amidst all the confusion earlier. that's why I think you shouldn't be so pessimistic :wink:

Hi,

I just called, and they said the notifications some received on Fastlane are real but only a few people can access their notifications right now. That means some of us still have a chance and awards/HM/rejections emails from NSF should go out by either tomorrow or Wednesday (so the person said on the phone).

Congrats!

See, the person I called saying something different. She told me that the results will be available late this week, and Wednesday at the earliest. I then asked her if she can tell me how many awards are given out this year, and she refused to answer my question. She said that they are still waiting on the final award confirmation from the NSF, which I don't know what it means really.

Oh my god! This is seriously ridiculous.

If it helps the credibility--my name is not on there.

What is wrong with them? And I wonder how that person hacked it? I don't see an award year in the URL for any of them...

Yep, my name is on there, and the names of others that I know weren't able to see the "Accept/Decline Award" option are on there too. I think this is the real deal. The number of HM recipients fits well within the normal range.

bioangele, i'm with you. this makes me more panicky now. it's all or nothing, at this point.

and you would think, with the NSF funding the best and brightest, one of the students would learn how to hack their system. i'm not surprised.

EDIT: typo

holy crap. my heart was beating so fast as i was scrolling down to the T's.

my name's not on there...so who knows. of the 5 people in my program who applied, i found 1 person's name. this has to be a legit Honorable Mention list.

now...did i do better, or worse than this? :shock: :shock: :shock:

EDIT: 2 people from my department are on the list.

My name's on there too. Didn't see anyone else in my program, though, which is a little surprising. And my friend who got an award letter on the website was not on there (so it's definitely not Awards+Honorable Mentions).

Well...darn that I didn't get a fellowship, I guess, but hey! Rock on all the other HM'ers out there! :) And for the rest, hang in there!

(although I am trying to replicate the hack and haven't yet...I mean, it has to be legit if our names are on there, but still...)

double check the awards/HM list on fast lane. when i open it now, it's showing the 2008 by default, but i don't know if that's cuz i 'hacked' it.

1) from FF 'web developer' toolbar: Miscellaneous > Edit HTML

2) around line 67, add: 2008

3) click 'Apply' button

4) feel like crap.

Yes, my name is on there.

Also, the NSF page takes me to 2008 as a default as well, although it doesn't SAY 2008 on the drop-down menu.

Seriously, what is wrong with them? I just wish they could let people know in a straightforward way.