Prerequisite Courses for MPP

Hey guys,

I'm looking to apply for MPP programs that begin in the fall of 2018.

I am a regulatory analyst at a firm in the DC area (2 years) and spent 3 years on Capitol Hill as a staffer.  Had a poor GPA in college 2.92, scored 160+ GRE V/Q, 5 Writing.  

I never took a calculus or economics course in college.  I'm looking to get into a top 20 program (thinking Georgetown, GW, SIPA, SAIS, maybe HKS, Wilson, Ford for the hell of it)  Do you guys think it would be wise (ie will it make a significant impact on the strength of my application) for me to take a microeconomics or calculus course over the summer or during the fall?  

• 4 months later...

You need to take introductory micro- and macroeconomics courses before enrollment. At any rate, you might as well do it at a community college when you have the time and ability. It depends what policy area you want to focus on, but generally I'd say that statistics is more useful than calculus at the introductory policy analytical level.