Attend lectures, take notes because student can ask me questions, have office hours, grade, and teach a couple of times a semester. 

1 hour ago, AP said:

Attend lectures, take notes because student can ask me questions, have office hours, grade, and teach a couple of times a semester. 

This will be highly school dependent. In my field it would be really unusual for a TA to attend lectures or hold office hours if they're grading. 

1 hour ago, Eigen said:

This will be highly school dependent. In my field it would be really unusual for a TA to attend lectures or hold office hours if they're grading. 

OP asked what are your responsibilities. So I answered what are my responsibilities. I think their question was either to gather information on what to expect or to know because they were just curious. I'm not saying every field was the same (or even that every department is), nor I don't think the OP was aiming for that answer either. 

Edited by AP

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the responses! I know some GTAs actually make lectures and teach while others just grade so I wasn't sure what I would be doing. I will be a first year grad student so I'm worried it will be a lot along with my classes and clinic