ACS Placement Exam -pchem?

ochemist94

I'm starting grad school this fall, and my school requires entering students to take ACS Placement Exam in at least 3 disciplines. 

I was a biochem major as an undergrad, and I am admitted to the chemistry program. I plan on majoring in organic/chem bio in grad school. 

I will be taking organic ,biochem, and pchem placement exam. However, I have only taken 1 semester of pchem as an undergrad - I did not take any quantum chemistry. Has anyone taken the pchem placement exam? How much quantum chemistry is covered in the exam? I'm not sure if it's worth learning a whole new subject over this summer. I have purchased the ACS study guide, but it doesn't come with the actual practice exam. I would like to get an idea of how much I should look into quantum chemistry.

As for the biochem exam, there's no available ACS study guide. If anyone has taken the biochem exam, please let me know how it was! Thank you in advance. 

I don't recall either of them being too bad. They're intended to be used as final exams for courses in ACS certified departments. 

When I had to take mine, I just went and reviews my undergrad textbooks and tests, and they were close enough. 

I don't recall the ACS PChem Exam being too bad, but quantum mechanics is on it. We had to take it for our final exam since our department is ACS-certified. Focus on the broad concepts. You're not going to be asked to solve probability densities or anything that requires integration.