I'm the first Stats student at my school and haven't taken some core courses in Stats yet (will do in Spring) do I have a shot at a PhD program?

Hello all,

So my name is John Thomas, rising senior at Ursinus College. I am doing undergraduate research at both Ursinus and Temple, and doing an internship at a national taste testing facility known as RDTeam. I created my own major in Statistics here and am the first of my kind. Starting out as Bio, I had grades in the mid 2's , speaking GPA. I have climbed up to a 3.12 cumulative and will be taking probability in the fall. This is also when I will be applying but my fear is that I will not be considered since I will not have taken 3 courses in my major (Differential Equations, Mathematical Statistics, and Linear Regressions) at the time of my application.

I would ideally like to get into a PhD program right out of college but I fear without these courses on my transcript I will not be able to.

What are some ways I can overshadow this, or should I just put all my marbles into starting out as a Masters student? 

Also, if anyone has any east coast theoretical statistics programs, please list! :)

Thank you all

-John 

• 9 months later...