Space Psychology?

CoffeeErryday

This is a totally out of reach post (lol) but anyone here interested in space psychology? I.e. how do, or would, astronauts live  in space and what will happen to their minds psychologically on a long term space mission? 

Would love to connect with like minded folks with similar interests!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! It's not one of my main interests, but it's something I think about a lot lol. I'm interested in interpersonal relationships, so I would like to study how things like skype and voice calls from loved ones on Earth could buffer an astronaut's stress and how often they should talk to their loved ones. I'm also interested in Mars colonization and how to optimize social conditions in a colony and what types of personalities would fare the best in that kind of environment.

On 7/11/2017 at 3:57 PM, Trillian8 said:

Hey! It's not one of my main interests, but it's something I think about a lot lol. I'm interested in interpersonal relationships, so I would like to study how things like skype and voice calls from loved ones on Earth could buffer an astronaut's stress and how often they should talk to their loved ones. I'm also interested in Mars colonization and how to optimize social conditions in a colony and what types of personalities would fare the best in that kind of environment.

That's really cool! I think about the latter a lot too, how would we select astronauts initially and then how will they flourish a new era of civilization. Nice to meet ya here lol

On 7/2/2017 at 0:27 PM, BhaAlex992 said:

This is a totally out of reach post (lol) but anyone here interested in space psychology? I.e. how do, or would, astronauts live  in space and what will happen to their minds psychologically on a long term space mission? 

Would love to connect with like minded folks with similar interests!

Linked is a recent study you might be interested in. The PI Kim Binsted  is also linked in the article. 

https://www.space.com/30425-yearlong-mock-mars-mission-begins.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 0:46 AM, HigherEdPsych said:

Linked is a recent study you might be interested in. The PI Kim Binsted  is also linked in the article. 

https://www.space.com/30425-yearlong-mock-mars-mission-begins.html

This is awesome, thank you so much for sharing it!!!