Le Chat

I am an incoming Master's student really trying to obtain a GA position to waive out-of-state tuition.

Any suggestions on how to be proactive/persuasive? My degree is research-based, which may help. I have contacted individual departments and followed up on applied positions (with some promise.) Anything else I am missing?

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, abnumber5 said:

I am an incoming Master's student really trying to obtain a GA position to waive out-of-state tuition.

Any suggestions on how to be proactive/persuasive? My degree is research-based, which may help. I have contacted individual departments and followed up on applied positions (with some promise.) Anything else I am missing?

Have either of you checked with the grad school? My MA school was a terminal master's program. Everything in the way of funding was handled through the grad school, not the departments. Although I never received any tuition waivers, I did have an assistantship for both years. The university never advertised there were any assistantships, but I knew several who had them, so kept looking until I found information on the grad school site.