French Renaissance/Early Modern France MA (in Paris?)

mmeserpent

Hello everyone! I'm actually just beginning my search for Master's programs, so I'm basically starting at ground zero. I'm interested in the Renaissance and the earlier end of early modern European cultural studies, and particularly in France. I'm looking for programs here in the US that would allow me to focus on those areas, even if not France in particular, but I'm also hoping that out there somewhere exists my dream program where I could study them in France, particularly Paris, allowing me first-hand access to art, architecture, etc. I am REALLY striking out though...

Does anyone know of any programs (or resources to find programs) that are even remotely like this that are available in Paris or nearby? Programs taught in English are obviously preferred, but I would definitely consider programs in French as well.

(And honestly, if you have any suggestions for good programs ANYWHERE, I'd be happy to hear them.)

Thank you for any advice or help you can offer!

Depending on how good your French is, you can apply directly to the French university system. It is not that difficult to get accepted if your French is good enough. Here are the medieval and modern Europe masters programs on offer at Paris 1, for example. The EHESS is also a good option, especially for foreign students. It costs about 500 euros per year for your "inscription," which includes healthcare. Of course you'll have to pay for living expenses. On a student visa you are allowed to work 60% of the legal hour limit per week. If you get involved in the well-paid tutoring racket (SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.), you can get away with tutoring 10ish hours a week. You can make ends meet that way.

Don't do it if you don't have the language level, though.