Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am unapologetically paranoid about graduate school admissions. My undergraduate grades fluctuated quite a bit. I attended a community college for two years receiving a 3.4 GPA. I then transferred to a top 75 liberal arts college where I received a 3.2 GPA. My total undergraduate GPA works out to be a 3.3 which is not very good for more competitive programs in international development/public policy. I was hoping that I could get your feelings on my chances at admissions at Columbia SIPA and John's Hopkins SIAS. Other things to consider:

I served in the Peace Corps in Africa for two years

Taught in Asia for 1.5 years.

Conducting research in Central America from July 2017-July 2018

I won and declined a Fulbright ETA grant.

In total, I will have 4.5 years of international work experience before my program begins.

My brother is a current undergraduate student at Hopkins and is researching at SIAS.

I think that I will have rock solid letters of recommendation from undergraduate professors. I completed three internships during my undergrad and worked 20+ hours per week.

White, gay, male

Tell me what you think.

This is a repost of an earlier thread with a click bait title. Locking. Post appropriately and don't bump your own threads.