Inquiry about RWTH Aachen University admission

Sarah :)

Hey everyone :)

I want to ask about RWTH Aachen university ,  I heard that it notorious for rejecting students from unknown places . that students must have connections in the university to get admitted . Is it true ? I feel like it is a lie from rejected students . I need someone to answer me please . 

thanks all :)

I highly doubt anyone will answer this for you. No one will admit to this sort of practice, whether or not it happens. I suggest looking at the "current students" page to see if there is diversity in where students come from. That said, it's not uncommon for students with strong backing from known faculty to do better than those who don't have strong supporters, and that shouldn't be too surprising. But in any event, I don't think there's going to be anyone on this board who can help you one way or the other. 

55 minutes ago, fuzzylogician said:

I highly doubt anyone will answer this for you. No one will admit to this sort of practice, whether or not it happens. I suggest looking at the "current students" page to see if there is diversity in where students come from. That said, it's not uncommon for students with strong backing from known faculty to do better than those who don't have strong supporters, and that shouldn't be too surprising. But in any event, I don't think there's going to be anyone on this board who can help you one way or the other. 

Thanks for your answer :)

• 11 months later...

Hey , not sure if you are still looking for an answer , but I dont think this is a practice at RWTH . Maybe differs from department to department , but for the  course , MSc Simulation Sciences, there are students from  all over the world .

As suggested above , you can check the current students / alumni page which will give you an idea of everyone's background .