Ved

I am planning to apply to:

NYU

Purdue

Oregon State University

Georgia Tech

Washington University

UC San Diego 

For an MS in Mechatronics/Robotics. I am doing a four year program in (Hons.) Mechanical Engineering and have done an elective for Mechatronics where I learned control system basics such as state space modelling and bode plot stability test. I've done a project on stability of a Quadcopter using a PID controller and done a simulation on Simulink/Matlab as a group project. My program focused on the basics of mechanical design and simulation using ANSYS and CATIA. I've also written a paper on Quality control but have not published it. 

Aside from my enthusiasm/background for this field, I have a 6.8/10.0 CGPA and a GRE score of 318.5 (V - 157 Q - 157 AWA - 4.5). I've been thinking about whether to let go on this field and focus instead on business/MIM instead but I wanted someone's take on my profile.

I was originally planning to apply during this year's application window for the Fall semester (sometime in December or January, depending on the school and program.)

I am aware there is a lot of room for improvement both in my research experience and GRE scores but can this be managed within a year or two?