Women's Studies at Western University

abenz

Hi everyone! 

I'm starting to look at university applications for a potential PhD in autumn 2018 and I've come across Women's Studies and Feminist Research at Western University, Ontario. I really like the look of the program but I know that it's fairly new. Are there any Western students on here who might be able to chat about the program and how they're finding it? My interests are in linking sociology and phenomenology, especially focusing on contraceptives and reproductive technologies, so the department of WSFR seems like a good fit!

Thanks

Amelia

I'm not a student in women's studies at Western, but I encourage you to directly email a few grad students in the department with similar interests asking to chat about the program. In fact, I think emailing grad students is a great way to learn about any of the PhD programs you're considering, as current grad students often have a good read on things like funding, department politics, coursework, etc. Good luck on your research process!