2010 Civil Engineering Applicants

Moghi

SEG is overcrowded, 45 student all squeezed in an old classroom. some professors are good, some just can't teach. Stanford definitely doesn't put enough emphasis in the structural program. other science and engineering fields however are loaded with fundings.

• 2 weeks later...

1,2 &4) My acceptance letter came by snail mail dated the 18th of February.

3) They offered me a $30,000 fellowship at 5:00 pm yesterday (the 14th).

They offered me a TA position with the remainder of tuition plus a yet to be determined amount today.

Moral of the story: April 14th is still early to these people!

This is why Stanford kicks Berkeley's ass:

1) Berkeley has not offered funding.

2) Berkeley has not offered funding.

3) Berkeley has not offered funding.

Congratulations!

30K is very good .. They haven't replied to any of my mails (total 7) and phone calls (total 5) in the last 15 days. Really anxious .. I heard that they send out mails before 15 th april. Was awake till 3 am that night :( . I wonder if their letter is taking way too long to come to me coz i am an international student. Whoever suggested the name 'snail' mail must be an applicant of Stanford I'm sure. :D .. Ohh well .. off to checking my inbox every 10 minutes then .. Btw, how much time do you have to accept the admit? Do you know anyone whom i can contact to get some info about my admit status?