Princeton

babytuckoo

Who's with me?

I'll be in the Department of Comparative Literature. Sexy!

I'm quite keen on living in the Graduate College, however I'm not too keen on having a roommate. When I was an undergraduate (Bryn Mawr College '09), I never once had a roommate and have been spoiled rotten ever since. For those of you who might know, how common is it for first-year students to have singles?

Who's with me?

I'm quite keen on living in the Graduate College, however I'm not too keen on having a roommate. When I was an undergraduate (Bryn Mawr College '09), I never once had a roommate and have been spoiled rotten ever since. For those of you who might know, how common is it for first-year students to have singles?

Hellooo! Looks like I will be joining the Princeton Grad community too. smile.gif I am still in the process of making my final decision, but I am getting more and more certain about Princeton. I have no idea about the housing situation. I'm definitely not keen on sharing a room though! Not keen at all. I want an apartment too! biggrin.gif

Who's with me?

I've been accepted to the English department. I haven't decided whether I will attend (I am very excited about them though). I'm also a Seven Sisters grad! We should chat :D

Congrats!

• 1 month later...

Hi, fellow Princetonians! I'm a Seven Sisters grad, too (Mount Holyoke '09), and I'll be entering Princeton's English department. I signed up to live in the GC, and am hoping for a single, but who knows...

It is a small, Seven Sisters-y world, indeed. In fact, I already know two other Bryn Mawr alumnae at Princeton doing their Ph.D.s in the French and Spanish Departments, respectively.

As for our housing assignments, another friend of mine at Princeton, currently in the first year of his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, told me that we would find out around mid-June. I have also been told that it is relatively easy for first-year students to secure singles in the New Graduate College since, as counterintuitive as it may seem, first-years are given first priority and since this dorm is comprised mainly of singles, in contrast with the Old Graduate College.

After my visit to Princeton, (let the record show!) I ended up changing my mind about the GC and opted for a one-bedroom in the apartments instead. Fingers crossed! And good luck to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Princeton engineering next year :)

Is anyone starting over the summer? Did you talk to anyone about starting housing and health insurance early? My department told me to talk to the graduate school, but I'm not really sure who to talk to. I guess I will just call the generic number.

I'm hoping for Butler apartments with my kitty, otherwise I'll be stuck finding housing off-campus!

good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use