Decaf, Mocha, Latte, What does it all mean?

115 posts in this topic

Posted

what does the decaf, mocha, latte, caffeinated, espresso shot status mean on your profile? and more importantly, how do you go from being plain old "member" to something more sexy, like decaf soy hazelnut machiatto?

thanks!

Posted

what does the decaf, mocha, latte, caffeinated, espresso shot status mean on your profile? and more importantly, how do you go from being plain old "member" to something more sexy, like decaf soy hazelnut machiatto?

thanks!

It's all based on your post count, stick around and contribute and you'll be rising up the list of 'sexy' coffees in no time!

Posted

thanks!

Post more often.

There are milestones that you need to reach in order to get each rank increase (so a different beverage). After X many posts you become Decaf, then Caffeinated, then Espresso Shot, then Double Shot, then Latte, then Mocha, and so on.* The fancier the drink, the more established the member.

*I might have missed some or have them in the wrong order but you get the idea.

Posted

thank you!!

:rolleyes:

Posted

I'm pointlessly posting in this topic for no other reason than to move up to the next "coffee"

Posted

At which point do you become one of those Skinny-Cappucino-Strawberry-Frappucino-Latte with extra Caramel syrup my girlfriend loves to drink?

Am I the only one who feels like a fool when they have to order at Starbucks? And why is Starbucks coffee in the States EVEN bigger and sweeter than on the other side of the pond?

sD.

Posted

My starbucks order is incredibly easy.

"Grande Coffee of the day. With room"

I can't fathom paying five bucks for a ridiculous named drink

Posted (edited)

It's all based on your post count, stick around and contribute and you'll be rising up the list of 'sexy' coffees in no time!

yeah but, i have a fair chunk of posts and i'm still stuck on member, whereas others have less posts and have already risen.

i need something to look forward to :huh:

Edited by fauxtog

Posted

"a venti skim latte with vanilla and cinnamon shots, please" is my usual order... is it fancy enough? ;)

Posted

yeah but, i have a fair chunk of posts and i'm still stuck on member, whereas others have less posts and have already risen.

i need something to look forward to :huh:

I seem to recall there being a Member stage between Decaf and Caffeinated...Get your post count over 50 and it should change.

Posted

"a venti skim latte with vanilla and cinnamon shots, please" is my usual order... is it fancy enough? ;)

A Venti Non-Fat No Whip Peppermint Mocha for me. Which, incidentally, is also my icon <--

Posted

I'm posting just to see what I am.

I don't drink coffee.

Posted

I'm pointlessly posting in this topic for no other reason than to move up to the next "coffee"

lololol, thanks for the chuckle! I needed a tension breaker! :D

Posted

Once I get to espresso (or possibly double shot), I'll stop posting. I don't care for any of the milky coffee drinks.

Posted

I miss coffee. I stopped drinking it awhile back. This was only a good decision because if I were caffeinated, I'd be just as obsessed with grad school results...but more hyper.

Posted

Once I get to espresso (or possibly double shot), I'll stop posting. I don't care for any of the milky coffee drinks.

Milk is the only way I take my coffee. With lotsa sugar But I am kindof a wuss that way

Posted

I'm tired of being a "Mocha".... I don't even really like mochas that much :( Let's see how many posts it'll take for me to get to Vanilla Latte... oh, or Hazelnut Latte!

Posted

I became a Latte today and I was absurdly pleased with that little accomplishment. I think at this waiting point in app process makes any moment of self validation a happy moment!

Posted (edited)

So is 50 the threshold for jumping to 'Decaf'? Purposely posting just to see if I can get rid of Member.

Apparently I'm 'Caffeinated' now. I'll take it!

Edited by BMCGirl10

Posted

Still stuck with Mocha. Hope i dont have to get to 500 posts for my next cup of coffee

Posted

I can't reveal the thresholds for new cups of coffee ..

Posted

So is 50 the threshold for jumping to 'Decaf'? Purposely posting just to see if I can get rid of Member.

Apparently I'm 'Caffeinated' now. I'll take it!

You actually start off as Decaf... I don't know why Member is the only non-coffee name, and apparently I'll be stuck with it for some time :(

Posted

BS post to help figure out the threshold for moving from "member" to...

At least I have something to do now to pass the time while I wait on decisions!

Posted

all this talk about coffee makes me want to go to starbucks...

Posted (edited)

More coffee...

Edited by pea-jay