Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
fauxtog

Decaf, Mocha, Latte, What does it all mean?

134 posts in this topic

When will mine say Macadamia Coconut White Chocolate Mocha? I'm addicted to $5 fancy coffee drinks.....hmmm noticed when I was in Boston, at least the place I went to, mochas were $6. I might have to downsize to a medium if I move there for grad school. :(

or just stick to $1 McDonald's Sweet Teas. Enough sugar for me. ;)

I'm posting just to see what I am.

I don't drink coffee.

I'm with Ziz- curious about my status, and I don't drink coffee! Could we get some tea drinks or smoothies up in here? :-)

Hmm, so does it switch to every 1000 posts past 1k? Or is it just not developed?

All the data points seem to indicate that at least 1000-1973 posts is Cup 'o Joe. I guess we'll see soon enough if 2000 breaks the magic limit :-P

Edited by Eigen

I have been around the grad cafe for most of this application cycle and somehow had not noticed that the drink type was related to the activity level of the member! I'm glad i read this threat, i feel much more in the loop!

Posting to see my status. I'm a newbie here, but I'm a coffee addict. I cannot really start my day without at least 2 cups. Black.

It's an acquired taste, I've hated it before, then I started my MA - of course, without any social life whatsoever, it's been my only friend ever since.

Yay, I made it to "espresso shot" today!

My usual at Starbucks: venti iced green or black tea, sweetened; venti iced coffee, sweetened with cream; or, grande veranda blend (new blonde, light roast) with cream and sugar.

I'm pointlessly posting in this topic for no other reason than to move up to the next "coffee"

lol

lol

Thats a nice implementation of the post you quoted.. :)

And so is this..LOL.. :)

Edited by hope4fall2012

haha, i like how this has turned into the "post as often as you can to graduate to the next espresso drink" thread. classy.

I vote that Vietnamese coffee should be added to the list. For those of you who haven't had it: a bit of sweetened condensed milk (not too much) into which slowly drips the thickest, darkest, strongest, tastiest coffee you have ever tasted. Slow enough to chat with friends or study. Yessss.

I want that!! Now. Lots of it.

Otherwise, my Starbucks order is venti dark roast with room...though they never seem to actually leave room.

I could go for a Greek coffee right about now...or the Turkish coffee latte they had at Satellite Cafe when I was out in NM.

Edited by Cici Beanz

This is a fascinating thread. This is also my first post. I want to be a coffee too!

I vote that Vietnamese coffee should be added to the list. For those of you who haven't had it: a bit of sweetened condensed milk (not too much) into which slowly drips the thickest, darkest, strongest, tastiest coffee you have ever tasted. Slow enough to chat with friends or study. Yessss.

I highly support this proposal.

I highly support this proposal.

I do need some new coffees actually. What should the new super intense (high poster) coffee be?

-

I do need some new coffees actually. What should the new super intense (high poster) coffee be?

-

I work at Starbucks! I don't wear the name "barista" very proudly... unlike your title.

Maybe French Press?

Wow..so I finally got to the right place to know what all those caffeinated tags on everyone's profile mean..and interesting to see that there are so many kinds of coffee!!  The Vietnamese coffee does sound yum..definitely voting for this one.

This is a fascinating thread. This is also my first post. I want to be a coffee too!

Wow..so I finally got to the right place to know what all those caffeinated tags on everyone's profile mean..and interesting to see that there are so many kinds of coffee!!  The Vietnamese coffee does sound yum..definitely voting for this one.

I have been trying to figure this out for days. I am glad there is a forum that explains it. 

When I go to Starbucks, I refuse to use their cup-size vocabulary. No rational reason behind it, and not really any hate against Starbucks. I just physically can't bring myself to say "Grande" or "Venti". 

I only bought fancy drinks from Starbucks when the best professor ever gave me a starbucks gift card... then I got the most sugary, delicious coffees possible until I ran out of money.

Otherwise, I'm cheap and will only occasionally get a latte.

Otherwise, I'm cheap and will only occasionally get a latte.

Lattes are the best. Have you seen that new "dumb starbucks" store that opened its doors in Los Angeles today? I'm convinced it's an elaborate hoax, but it's quite funny. Here's a link to the story, from BusinessInsider: Dumb Starbucks

Lattes are the best. Have you seen that new "dumb starbucks" store that opened its doors in Los Angeles today? I'm convinced it's an elaborate hoax, but it's quite funny. Here's a link to the story, from BusinessInsider: Dumb Starbucks

Hah! That's truly ridiculous.