Welcome to the GradCafe

Hello!  Welcome to The GradCafe Forums.You're welcome to look around the forums and view posts.  However, like most online communities you must register before you can create your own posts.  This is a simple, free process that requires minimal information. Benefits of membership:

• Participate in discussions
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Removes some advertisements (including this one!)
fauxtog

Decaf, Mocha, Latte, What does it all mean?

134 posts in this topic

I can't reveal the thresholds for new cups of coffee ..

I'm all growed up: Latte Macchiato! I wasn't even sure there was a level beyond macchiato.

Yes, any form of validation during the waitout period has me like

giphy.gif

Edited by 1Q84

I hate mochas, and I feel like I have been a mocha forever. I'm posting randomly now trying to get past mocha. ANYTHING but mocha, seriously! :-P

No, mochas are the absolute best! :D

No, mochas are the absolute best! :D

nope - large, black, hot, no milk no sugar, no whipped cream, just coffee flavored coffee.

(a double shot of bourbon is acceptable to add to the coffee once in a while however)

nope - large, black, hot, no milk no sugar, no whipped cream, just coffee flavored coffee.

(a double shot of bourbon is acceptable to add to the coffee once in a while however)

-shudders- Way too bitter.

I want to be caffeinated!

Me too! How many posts does it take? Now I'm anticipating about results coming out AND about becoming caffeinated! Always a reason to be anxious I guess! :-)

Me too! How many posts does it take? Now I'm anticipating about results coming out AND about becoming caffeinated! Always a reason to be anxious I guess! :-)

You need to hit 30 posts to be "caffeinated" and then I think "Espresso Shot" kicks in at 60 posts. 

...petition to add kahlua and bailey's to the classification of gradcafe users' level of awesomeness

Are there other factors besides number of posts?

...petition to add kahlua and bailey's to the classification of gradcafe users' level of awesomeness

petition granted.

-shudders- Way too bitter.

Coffee, no matter the brand, should not be bitter.  If it is, something is wrong with the brewing process. 

Coffee, no matter the brand, should not be bitter.  If it is, something is wrong with the brewing process. 

I get the sense that this is more of a fact than an opinion, but taken as both -- I agree.

Bitter is best.

I'm making my 1000th post here in hopes that I will, in fact, performatively become a Cup O' Joe! 

Edit: it worked!

Edited by 1Q84

I kinda wish there was a tea option... Don't drink coffee. But my blackberry sage, black rose, earl grey. and chai probably makes up most of my bloodstream!

I kinda wish there was a tea option... Don't drink coffee. But my blackberry sage, black rose, earl grey. and chai probably makes up most of my bloodstream!

Haha this! I go to some of my favorite cafés for their endless selection of teas and little cookies!

On 4/3/2015 at 5:02 PM, _kita said:

I agree with you _kita.  I'm a tea drinker too.  I could totally get behind starting as an "Herbal" and working up to "Black Tea".  Maybe throw in some white, oolong, green tea too.  Chai tea latte please!

On 3/29/2010 at 8:29 PM, Postbib Yeshuist said:

Ooooo. Good idea. Everyone post here for a free "flavor shot" ;)

on my way to caffeination o.o 

On 1/14/2016 at 4:42 PM, SLPgradstudent said:

I agree with you _kita.  I'm a tea drinker too.  I could totally get behind starting as an "Herbal" and working up to "Black Tea".  Maybe throw in some white, oolong, green tea too.  Chai tea latte please!

some matcha tea would be great too!

On 1/26/2015 at 7:24 AM, avflinsch said:

Try bourbon cream in your coffee. It's like Baileys, but just bourbon, cream, and sugar. 

I just want to know how many posts till I get out of the decaf and get to my favorite coffee (latte)?

On 2017-02-21 at 7:35 AM, oppositeofdiffident said:

I just want to know how many posts till I get out of the decaf and get to my favorite coffee (latte)?

I second this!

On 4/3/2015 at 4:02 PM, _kita said:

I do love coffee, but I find as I get older I can't have as much of it and I'm really enjoying tea. It must be a sign I'm getting older. lol

3 hours ago, oppositeofdiffident said:

What's everyone's favorite coffee or tea to drink while studying for classes?

Just regular black coffee for me - pretty boring, right? :lol: