All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. I am also in the same boat with a DAAD GSSP program. I have just committed to my nominated spot and now I'm a bit anxious about the rest of the process. Can anyone here offer some help?
  4. Thank you for information...🙂
  5. Success rate for forwarded applications is ~40%, depending on the committee and year.
  6. I understand quota is only for number of applications an institute can forward to National competition but still can someone comment how much chances are there to get the award?
  7. Well I applied to CGS M... and did not get it. Of course CGS M is stupid competitive. Applying to CGS/PGS D this time around.
  8. Is there anyone who is applying 2nd time to NSERC?
  9. When I emailed NSERC last week, they said the results would be out by the 30th, but there was a 'great chance' that they would be out before that, whatever the hell that means...
  10. Hi everyone Any news about NSERC 2024 results?
  11. Has anyone else seen the profiles of past NSERC PGS-D winners and realized just how screwed you are? No? Just me? Cool!
  12. Yesterday
  13. yeah, you're correct that's the tuition they have cited on their website. can I ask what medium you're in? depending on your financial situation, from my understanding Yale is incredibly generous with financial aid if you show need. that's what I've heard of photo at least.
  14. Nserc released on the 25th last year but nobody actually knows for sure exactly what days the results will come out, just that it will happen by April 30th. It's a different day every year.
  15. Just wanted to pop in here and say good luck, everyone! Regardless of the outcome, you are all absolutely qualified and worthy scholars and should be proud of yourselves!
  16. They usually come out on the same day or day after. But they results aren't sent all at the same time. For example last year I got mine at like 2:30 am and my friend got it at 12pm the next day, so we gotta be patient for the email!
  17. Hi! Firstly, congratulations! I don't know much about Western's program. However, I do know people who have graduated from the McGill SLP program. I heard that McGill offers a program that is very theory-based and involves less practical work. There are some internships throughout the program but I heard that it's not sufficient as the focus is more on theory. As someone who is from Montreal, you can for sure get around speaking English, especially downtown! Although the main language is French, Montreal is a very multicultural city and a lot of people are bilingual! There are internships throughout the program but I am sure they will allow you to complete your internships in locations that are "more anglophone". Hope this helps
  18. I didn't have any publications or conference presentations. Those might be more important for STEM fields, but much less so for Classics. I'm not in archaeology or material culture, so not sure about fieldwork.
  19. i saw on reddit that NSERC may release results on the 25th. not sure about sshrc though.
  20. For their placements, did they say where they were able to actually do them? Like private clinics or after school care/childcare? Or did they go out of province for it?
  21. getting anxious too! Is anyone else waiting on CIHR CGS-D? Do all three (NSERC, SSHRC, CIHR) usually come out the same day?
  22. I just heard back from Laurier and was accepted! 2 year full time
  23. Hi! Congratulations on your acceptances!! i know several people in the SLP program at McGill. Ive heard its extremely theory based. Also If you do not speak french, it may be difficult to find a placement. i didnt get accepted into Western but ive heard great things, specifically the clinical placements. I also heard that western is less focused on the theory and more focused on hands on experience (which is amazing!) Goodluck with your decision, I know its not easy
  24. Congratulations on Buffalo! I think it's okay to accept, although you have probably already decided by now. I read it was frowned upon to do that, but then I heard many others say as long as you decide before the start date is close, it will just open a spot up for someone who was waitlisted. I kind of wish I had done that now myself.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use