All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Huh, that’s weird. Did you end up hearing back from them? I am going to deny Sarah Lawrence’s offer too for the same reason. I got into a fully funded program and I’ve been telling most people that I’m still weighing both options, but realistically my heart is set on the fully funded program. I just haven’t but the bullet yet. I really wanted to attend their in-person admitted students event, but I don’t think it was a smart move to let us know only weeks in advance and to schedule it on a holiday weekend. (I don’t celebrate Easter but I’m on vacation this week). I’m accepting an offer at a school in the Midwest and will be moving there in the fall. This will be my second big move in the last five years (first one was NC->Philly which was a considerably more lowkey move than the one I’ll be making for grad school). With that said, if I were you, I wouldn’t move simply because you’ll likely be doing it again less than a year later for grad school. I hate moving. You may be saving money on rent, but what about moving costs? Moving is expensive! The only way you’d get me to move back in with my parents is if I was applying to schools in that area (or if I was experiencing some kind of emergency). There are other ways to save up for grad school, which I def recommend doing because even if you get into a fully funded program, there will be moving costs—and living costs! A stipend can only help so much. Most MFAs I’ve met have some kind of side gig. I would make the choice that’s most beneficial for you and your writing. Improve your application and writing sample. Take some workshops. That’s what I would do!
  3. just got my offer from UBC, I heard back from Queens first week of March and no news from UofA or SFU MRM for anyone curious on deadlines.
  4. Hey I'm wondering when did you email NPSIA? I'm getting the same vibe from them. I did a quick look up and from past years it seems like international students get offers at the beginning of the second round (early April I assume). My MPPA application is still at "preliminary review required" stage, so this is lowkey worrying.
  5. Today
  6. Hi!! I called the other day and asked about this and I was told that they would not release the midnight and it is likely that the emails will be released during the day on the 2nd!
  7. YES!!! my ig is casibtw - if anyone else is reading this, you can follow me too lol
  8. Hey, if it helps, I was accepted last year via email on April 4th and my last name begins with an O.
  9. Georgetown University rejected my application on 28 Feb. I guess you are still on the waitlist—best of luck.
  10. Congratulations!!! This is great. Did they let you know if you would be offered any scholarship?
  11. I'm thinking that Western's CSD website is somewhat outdated because in the email I received from them they said they would inform us about their decisions on the 3rd @slptobeeeeeeeee @tsslp
  12. I looked at the BU MET online program. I guess it's not too bad if you do it part-time. Not sure if it's good though. I applied to UWaterloo as well but I don't know when they'll get back.
  13. What kind of programs are you looking into now? I applied to UTM mbiotech but didn’t hear back. Looked into some other heath informatics the programs but it’s passed the deadlines.
  14. ORPAS said April 3rd, it's probably a more general release date for applicants who applied through ORPAS. Western will probably send out emails and update their portal on April 1st.
  15. does anyone know if I defer my decision will I be able to keep my scholarship offer? FYI this is for CalArts!
  16. Not sure if you're trolling about your GPA. Maybe you won't get into Stanford, but you'll get into plenty of top 20 programs and probably quite a few top 10.
  17. just checked westerns website and it says april 1 is when offers are being sent out?!?! i thought april 3rd?
  18. Both are good departments, so tuition is probably the biggest thing, so I'd really figure out if you can get an assistantship if that's going to make a big difference between the two. UNC hands down wins for the job market with Raleigh-Durham nearby. Madison is a pretty small city - they have 10 data science jobs posted on linkedin right now in the whole city. As for curriculum, 10 years ago I probably would've said that UNC's operations research/optimization focus is a little weird, but honestly I've seen so many data science roles lately that are looking for that type of background for their supply chains, so you might have an opportunity to set yourself apart there. If you don't have personal reasons to be in the midwest, I don't see many huge advantages to UW besides maybe the tuition and the fact that it's a bigger/(more fun?) city (and only you can decide if that outweighs the other stuff). Realistically, they are both great departments, so I don't think your choice will have a huge impact on your career - I'd prioritize which you think you'll enjoy more and leave you with less debt.
  19. Congratulations to all those who got into U of A today! If anyone is comfortable sharing, what were your stats? & For those of you who were accepted, is U of A your first choice? Or are you hoping to get accepted into another program next week? Just asking to see what the waitlist movement may look like for Alberta
  20. Sameeee, but at least we know that we will most likely find out next week. I am an L.
  21. Thank you. That's interesting and great to hear. If you don't mind me asking, where are you completing your MA?
  22. I'm from BC and got into McGill! Wanna connect on IG?
  23. I am soooo nervous too! I have a feeling they will probably email us during the day?? I wish we knew lol
  24. Congratulations to all of you who got into UofA today!!!!!! You all should be very proud because this is a big deal!😊 On a completely unrelated note, to everyone who applied to McGill..... what do you think is gonna happen on the 2nd? Do we think an email will come out at midnight??? Do we think they're still gonna call during the day?!? I know there's no real way of knowing (unless someone called) but i'd love to know what you all think because the nerves are eating me ALIVE
  25. I didn’t apply to McGill (couldn’t cause they only have an advanced standing MSW), but I am from Montreal, so if I don’t get into Carleton (I’m waitlsited), then we can always hang out if you’d like!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use