All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. They used to release them with the results but stopped a few years ago. I heard of someone two years ago emailed NSERC asking their rank a few months after results came out and they told them
  3. Many congratulations to all who won the scholarship! Is there a way one can know the rank of their application ?
  4. Is there anyone familiar with SAIC postbacc in painting? Totally newbie here and don't know if I should wait or take it. Thanks in advance!
  5. Today
  6. hi could you also add me, thank you: littuffy
  7. so I didn't know exactly how much (or little) funding many schools offered until I was accepted. occasionally someone on draft would post the offer and now that there's a separate sheet just for acceptances I'm learning a lot more. Look into teaching loads. some schools give funding but with heavier teaching loads, like 2:2. if they do, i don't know how much time is left to write. but if they don't!!! - there's time for a side gig. I don't want it but i will probably have to at some point. consider everything. if you're in class 3-4 hours a week, teaching and grading paper for another 20 (they can't possibly think they're going to get that out of me) studying and writing for classwork another 6, and workshopping and writing another X? (I suddenly have a new question for the group), then there might be a few hours a week available to tutor some high school snot or drive an uber or some other make-your-own hours thing. do not count out a great program solely because you might have to do part time or summers. there were women on draft openly discussing sex work. There's always a way.
  8. Thanks! Agreed, it's likely a huge grey area right now, so we will all just have to wait and see.
  9. Congrats on the award! There was talk earlier in this thread that the amount will likely go up next year if the budget increase is ratified. I don't think there has been an official announcement yet.
  10. Question: Submitted 2 nserc applications (on accident). The issue with the first one was that I didn't send it to my institution, I sent it directly to nserc. After working with my grad coordinator, we were able to send in a second one properly. Does anyone know if I will get two results or just one? I should point out that someone from nserc had reached out to me letting me know that the first submission will be rejected. So I'm wondering if I will get two letters.
  11. Awarded a PGS-D! Does anyone know if we who receive a PGS-D this year are locked into that monetary value for the following three years, or will we experience a boost following the federal budget increase?
  12. Has anyone heard of anyone hearing anything from SSHRC or CIHR?
  13. Alhamdulillah got PGS-DđŸ˜€ Humble and grateful...
  14. Me too friend, me too...
  15. Finally got my official letter, CGS-D!
  16. If an award becomes available, waitlisted people can be offered them. I don't know what the odds are like though!
  17. Does anyone know the difference between being put on the waitlist and being flat out rejected? Do the rejection letters differ? I don’t think I was put on the wait list but I just wanted to make sure it to see if it was worth checking periodically or not.
  18. Has anyone been accepted to McMaster off the waitlist yet??
  19. Thank you! I was awarded CGS-D!
  20. Nope! Didn't get it. Not surprised, honestly...
  21. Just received the automated! You're right, it's very random. I think it makes it even more stressful ! Best of luck to you as well!
  22. I got the auto email after I got the official email. I think it is pretty random. Best of luck!
  23. For those of you that got the award: come in here and brag and celebrate!! It’s an amazing achievement and you deserve it! Or if you got rejected come in here and complain because really what does NSERC know anyway
  24. Arrrgh, haven't received the official one from NSERC yet. Can't wait to get it so I can move on and stop refreshing every 15 mins hahaha
  25. Haha literally once I sent that post, I got the official email from NSERC
  26. Doesn't mean you don't have a shot! Definitely don't lose hope, and it doesn't hurt to send a check in? I don't know if I'd do it right now but maybe in the coming week or two?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use