All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I just checked the SSHRC portal (not sure why since it seems we get a new log-in to check the results) but it looks like there is maintenance scheduled tomorrow between 8am and noon. Maybe results will go out after that?
  3. There's this spreadsheet that has NSERC applications from the previous years, linked here. Really wished I found this a few months ago...
  4. I applied to multiple places and have interview for other graduate program at Mount Sinai so I'm not losing hope just yet... Maybe PREP wasn't the best choice for me since I only have 6 months of previous research experience and I'm looking to become a MD/PhD student whereas most programs look for students interested in PhD only
  5. Has anyone who’s applied in the past checked the extranet? It seems they’re may be some alphabetical order to result notification
  6. Congrats! Care to share your stats/profile?
  7. @glassskinprincess I found out about the program on March 5th so it took me a bit to narrow down where I wanted to go / if PREP was even a good fit. So I applied on March 31st 🫣 and my recommenders got the letters in a few days later. I didn't hear anything back until last Thursday, so I wouldn't despair if you haven't heard back yet!
  8. No. The emails come out over several hours and there is absolutely no pattern to how they come out, not by awarded/rejected, not by committee number, not by PGS-D/CGS-D, not alphabetical order, it’s totally random. People on this forum every year always desperately try and find a pattern but there isn’t one, it’s just seemingly random, you just have to wait until you get yours
  9. I've always been curious where you see this? i would like to take a look
  10. I want to get some advice about a major decision I am struggling with. I received two offers; one from the Oregon State Masters in History program in person and one from the University of Edinburgh Ancient Worlds program online. I ultimately want to get my PhD in Ancient History, but I am not sure if doing an online masters program in the U.K. would be looked down upon by admissions to PhD programs in the United States. I have a good relationship with the professors at Oregon State; I got my bachelors degree there. The history program at Oregon State is allowing me to write my masters thesis on an ancient topic. The professor I am close to at Oregon State has a PhD in Ancient History from Princeton, and he agreed to be my advisor and work with me on my thesis. The history program at Oregon State also said they would let me take some of my elective graduate courses in ancient history, even though the degree is history. The University of Edinburgh has a good sized ancient history department, and the masters program is specialized for ancient history. The dilemma is that it’s online, and I don’t know if I can get good letters of recommendation from professors online, and can I get into PhD programs in the United States by getting an online masters from the U.K.?
  11. Dumb question, but does the time you receive your NSERC email (ie today or tomorrow) indicate if you got an award or not?
  12. Still waiting to hear back from UBCOs foundational stream! Anyone know what the deadline is or have an update on their status?
  13. I'm not sure how their waitlist works but I'll very likely be declining my spot as the financials just don't make sense for me, hopefully it means you'll get moved up! Congrats by the way!
  14. CONGRATS that's really exciting! Good luck! Let us know how it goes Question: When did you apply? I applied in April and I'm wondering if I'll actually get an interview or if they sent interviews to everyone already
  15. Today
  16. To anybody reading this and freaking out because they didn’t get an email from their institution and are worried they didn’t get the award, it’s rare that instituons do this and definitely not the norm, relax and breathe, you’ll get your email from NSERC soon
  17. Yes! Everyone gets an email when their results become available. It's quite stressful because you don't know wether your application was successful or not until you open the files in the extranet portal that they send you!
  18. Will the unsuccessful applicants also be notified?
  19. Laval University, in Quebec City
  20. What uni are you from?
  21. I just received an e-mail from my university saying that the results should be coming out from NSERC today and tomorrow! The wait is almost over!
  22. Just heard back from Laurier about the 2 year MSW program, I was accepted :))))))))
  23. No news for us but it seems like NSERC results are starting to trickle out! One student received a congratulations email from their awards office this morning.
  24. So happy for you!!! Wish you a great academic journey!!!
  25. Hi, I have received the PGS-D last year at the University of Alberta. I have received the same thing you did from the university and at night of the same day or next day (not entirely sure), I received the email notification of results from the NSERC. This is the usual thing and not being done this year because of the budget, it is how they sometimes operate. I am here now to see what will you guys receive, whether it is the CGS-D/PGS-D or the an NSERC based on the new numbers from the new budget. I wish everyone good luck!
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use