Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'accepting'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Comment Card
    • Announcements
  • The Cafe
    • City Guide
    • IHOG: International House of Grads
    • The Lobby
  • Applying to Graduate School
    • The April 15th is this week! Freak-out forum.
    • Applications
    • Questions and Answers
    • Waiting it Out
    • Decisions, Decisions
    • The Bank
  • Grad School Life
    • Meet and Greet
    • Officially Grads
    • Coursework, Advising, and Exams
    • Research
    • Teaching
    • Writing, Presenting and Publishing
    • Jobs
  • The Menu
    • Applied Sciences & Mathematics
    • Arts
    • Humanities
    • Interdisciplinary Studies
    • Life Sciences
    • Physical Sciences
    • Professional Programs
    • Social Sciences

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL









Found 4 results

  1. So I’m sure this is may be a stupid/silly question and may not matter at all but when a program says the deadline to accept is April 15th is that right before midnight on April 15th their time or would it be by 5pm or by midnight on April 15th wherever you currently are? Thanks in advance!
  2. I need some advice on good 'acceptance email' protocol. The official acceptance email was sent by the PhD coordinator X, but the letter was signed by the Associate Dean (AD), with a (specifically noted) copy to my supervisor, and two other senior professors in the department. Does "Dear Ms X and Professors AD, P1, P2 and P3" sound clumsy? What would you guys do? Please help!
  3. Hi all, so. I'm in the humanities, hoping to start an M.A. this fall. I live and study in Canada (as that might be relevant?). I applied to 3 schools, and have been accepted to one, with funding. The problem is, the deadline to accept this offer is SOON (ie. tomorrow), but I haven't heard back from either of the other 2 schools. Both of them are preferable, for practical reasons. I requested the deadline be extended while I wait for the other schools, but was told it's not possible. I reached out to the other 2 schools to see if I can get an update on my applications; they will both be sending out acceptances this week (one as early as Wednesday), is all I was told. But I can't wait that long, since I can't extend the deadline for this one school. The school I've been accepted to now knows that I'm holding off to hear from the other 2 schools, so if I back out later, they'll know why, obviously (and they'll also know that I basically just accepted them as a placeholder?). I'm just not too sure what to do here. I want to accept in case I don't get into the other two - plus this offer is very attractive! But if I do get accepted elsewhere, I'm most likely going to have to come back to these guys and decline. I also don't know if there are any legal repercussions or anything to be aware of (especially as there's funding involved) - what is binding? I know that one reason accepting and declining later is a big no-no is because it can mess up other students' chances. But at most, I see myself having to wait 1-2 weeks before coming back and declining this offer, so I don't think it would mess up anyone's chances too much? Yeah. I could just really use some advice/thoughts from others. How bad would it be to accept this offer and later decline? Any and all feedback greatly appreciated!
  4. One of the schools I'm highly considering is the Rutgers Clinical PsyD program, which only provides partial funding for the first year and no funding after. PsyD programs, like medical school, do not generally provide funding. As far as programs go Rutgers is a fairly affordable PsyD program for in-state students in comparison to other PsyD programs and is commonly considered one of, if not the, best in the country. It has been my top choice school for a long time, however the deadline to accept is on the 15th and I still haven't received a fasfa award letter letting me know that I am receiving loans or how much the actual tuition will be. They have last year's tuition posted on the website. I've talked to the school financial aid office and they have no idea why the financial award is taking so long, but it probably won't arrive by the time I need to give an official decision and that's freaking me out. Should I just accept? I have my award letters from other programs already. Alternately I have been surprisingly offered a full 4 year scholarship to another program, which does not rank nearly as highly and is not a program I would have considered attending otherwise, in a city that I despise. I did not like the program during the interview, and the school is in a highly conservative Midwest city with shaky racial politics, and I am a minority so I worry a bit about that. The program has a decent match rate but not nearly as good as Rutgers. Should I choose a lower ranked and less competitive school for free, or go to Rutgers which is commonly considered the top PsyD program in the country and take out loans? Like medical school my biggest concern is the internship match after graduation. Quality of life is another. Someone help me me out here. Thank you!
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.