Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'adviser'.
Found 2 results
I'm in an unusual situation and any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated. I started a PhD program in CS in the fall and I have two advisers (not typical for the school but was condition of funding). The one adviser that I have much more in common with has been offered a job at another school. If he decides to go, I would like to go with him as I'm worried that since I would still have one adviser left at the school my relationship with the (possibly) departing adviser might not be as strong. When would be the appropriate time to ask him about his plans? Should I mention that I would like to go with him or let him bring it up? Should I even ask him about any of this at all or wait for him to bring it up? (I heard about the offer from the adviser who will be staying.)