Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'appeal'.
Found 2 results
Hello, I applied to the MSW program for CSULB, CSULA, CSUSB and CSUF in January and have not received an interview from any school. This is my first time applying and I did miss the transcript deadline by about 3 days. My GPA is 2.9 from a CC and a 3.1 from a 4 year. I have been taking 5 classes each semester for the last 60 units. I was rejected from CSULB, CSULA, and CSUSB this past week. I am still waiting to hear back from CSUF. My question is.. Does anyone know if I can appeal their decision? How does the process work? Thank you.
(I haven't found a thread on this-please alert me if I missed one.) I have applied for chemistry PhD programs, and been accepted to one very good one (top ten or close) and one fairly good one. However, without giving away too many personal details, I was rejected from another fairly good one at a big name school in our current area. Problem is, my wife has family and a job she loves in our current area and doesn't want to move. According to big name school's own website, I have better grades and GRE's than their average matriculating student, not to mention my other admissions, so I don't think I'm flat out unqualified. If I had to guess I'd say my personal statement was to general and failed to explain why a particular adviser at that school would be a good match for me (although I believe he would be). One of the professors who wrote an LOR for me did a post-doc at that school and even coauthored a paper with the adviser I'm interested in, so I believe that he could get me a meeting at that school, either with my potential adviser or maybe someone he on the admissions committee if he knows them. My question is, if I went to such a meeting, could I explain why that school would be a good match for me and appeal my rejection? Should I try writing a letter first? Has anyone ever had experience in this area? A last point I should make is that, depending how much my wife's employer offers her for next year, it might even make sense for me to offer to forgo first year funding rather that take the risk of her not finding a new job right away in another city, although understandably I am very hesitant to do this, especially as I've already received offers of full funding elsewhere.