Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'boyfriend'.
Found 2 results
113138 posted a topic in Decisions, DecisionsI've been accepted into two schools and I'll be attending both their visit/recruitment weekends next month. I'm also currently in an LDR with my boyfriend of one year, and both schools are within a few hours drive from where he is attending college. I was hoping to bring my boyfriend along to both visit weekends, but am worried about a few things: I won't be bringing him to any school events unless explicitly told I can bring family/friends/partners. In this case, is it worth him even coming along? Will I be attending event after event such that I won't even get to spend time with him? I definitely don't want to be rude so will attend every scheduled event! Both schools will be housing students in pairs. Will it be rude to ask if my boyfriend can share a room with me instead? Of course, we will offer to pay for his share of expenses! Overall, will this leave a poor first impression on the school? I feel like it might be more acceptable to bring a spouse, but not so much a bf/gf? Am I wrong? Thanks!
Hi everyone, so I'm in a bit of a predicament. Like many applicants, I'm applying with my boyfriend who has been interviewing all over the place for MD/PhD. We applied to many of the same places but due to the competitive nature of both programs we have little overlap. Right now he has two acceptances, Mount Sinai and WashU, and he's leaning towards Mount Sinai in NYC. Me on the other hand, I have acceptances from Pitt (he was rejected) and UVA (he's waitlisted) and recently interviewed at Johns Hopkins, UM Baltimore, and Emory. So it's likely that I'm going to a Baltimore school. If worse comes to worst, we'll do long distance between NYC and Baltimore, but that sounds like a huge pain to deal with for 5-6 years of grad school. So here's my question: Is it unreasonable to withdraw all my applications and apply to more NYC schools next cycle? Right now I'm a post-bacc at the FDA in Maryland so theoretically I could continue there for another year. I'm hesitant though because I spent so much time and money on this application cycle, and an offer from JHU is really hard to pass up. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.