Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'f1 visa'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Comment Card
    • Announcements
  • The Cafe
    • City Guide
    • IHOG: International House of Grads
    • The Lobby
  • Applying to Graduate School
    • The April 15th is this week! Freak-out forum.
    • Applications
    • Questions and Answers
    • Waiting it Out
    • Decisions, Decisions
    • The Bank
  • Grad School Life
    • Meet and Greet
    • Officially Grads
    • Coursework, Advising, and Exams
    • Research
    • Teaching
    • Writing, Presenting and Publishing
    • Jobs
  • The Menu
    • Applied Sciences & Mathematics
    • Arts
    • Humanities
    • Interdisciplinary Studies
    • Life Sciences
    • Physical Sciences
    • Professional Programs
    • Social Sciences

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL









Found 2 results

  1. Hello all, I am applying for F1 visa from Mexico city as a third country national. I am studying in Mexico and staying in Mexico on a student visa. I was filling up the DS160 and I encountered confusion in a few questions. I would appreciate if you can share your opinion/ideas/experiences on them. 'Intended length of stay ' : I talked to a professor and he said that the average time for completion of the PHD program is 5 years. It's also the same in an image describing the timeline of phD, on the website of the univ. But the program duration given on my I-20 is 8 years. So what to write as the answer to the question "intended length of stay" : 5 years or 8 years : as mentioned in the I-20 ? It asks for home address and mailing address. Is 'home address' supposed to be the same as permanent address, as mentioned on my passport, or the temporary one here in Mexico city ? That's all. Cheers
  2. Hello everyone. My course of PhD starts in Fall 2019. The university is offering me a tuition waiver and TA of $12,400 for 9 months. The total estimated cost is $42,000 and they are providing with almost$39,500 including the tuition fee. The rest has been covered by my family and a bit extra. I have already received the I20 which says the funding for a year has been covered . I am worried that I will have to show proof of funding for 5 years of the course, as I have seen in most of the forums for MS students. So my question is - is it mandatory for PhD students to show documents of funding for 5 years of your course ?
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.