Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'licensing'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Comment Card
    • Announcements
  • The Cafe
    • City Guide
    • IHOG: International House of Grads
    • The Lobby
  • Applying to Graduate School
    • The April 15th is this week! Freak-out forum.
    • Applications
    • Questions and Answers
    • Waiting it Out
    • Decisions, Decisions
    • The Bank
  • Grad School Life
    • Meet and Greet
    • Officially Grads
    • Coursework, Advising, and Exams
    • Research
    • Teaching
    • Writing, Presenting and Publishing
    • Jobs
  • The Menu
    • Applied Sciences & Mathematics
    • Arts
    • Humanities
    • Interdisciplinary Studies
    • Life Sciences
    • Physical Sciences
    • Professional Programs
    • Social Sciences

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL









Found 5 results

  1. Can anyone tell me about their process of becoming an SLP in California school settings after graduating out of state? I have always heard that it is tough to transfer licenses from out of state to California. From what I can tell there are some administrative hoops to go through, but not really like additional classes or exams to take, or licenses to obtain, or anything too bad? (I'm referencing this page: https://govt.westlaw.com/calregs/Document/IA25B1CF0A35611E0B58A968807045B20?viewType=FullText&originationContext=documenttoc&transitionType=CategoryPageItem&contextData=(sc.Default)&bhcp=1 ) I would just really appreciate it if someone could tell me about their experience as an SLP coming from another state to schools in CA. Did you have to do a ton of extra work? If I definitely want to work in California after graduating, would you recommend just graduating from a school in California?
  2. Hi! I applied to a mental health counseling masters program in PA a few months ago and have some questions about licensure. If I do a two-year program and pass the NCE exam in PA, am I able to complete my clinical supervised hours in another state? I want to move to CA after graduation and know that an additional exam is required but I'm a little confused on the period of time between taking the NCE and gaining LPC status. I'm a little new to the process so apologies if this is a basic question! Thanks!
  3. I am a recent BSW graduate. I was hoping that someone could help me figure out something about the licensing process. In order to obtain the LSW license in the state of Massachusetts, three references are required and all three must be "qualified to evaluate the applicant's social work experience." I am confused as to how a recent BSW graduate would have three references that could evaluate his/her social work experience. My former internship supervisor would count as one reference, but where do the other two references typically come from? The only "social work experience" I have had was my BSW internship. There was only one social worker (my former internship supervisor) at the facility. Based on what I have seen on job boards, most organizations in my area want you to already be licensed...so if I cannot work as a Social Worker without having my license, how can I gain social work experience (and be able to have three references who can evaluate my experience ?) I am not sure if I am missing something here or if I am right to be confused by this? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  4. I'm about to finish my bachelors in speech and hearing science (concentration in slp) at the University of Illinois. I decided to take a gap year instead of going straight to grad school for slp and wanted to get licensed to be an SLPA so i could work as one during my gap year. I just read somewhere that in Illinois you can only get certified as an SLPA if you complete an associates degree program with the certification. That makes no sense to me. If I have a bachelor's degree, I feel like I should be able to obtain certification and work as an assistant. Does anyone have any knowledge on this situation? Help me!
  5. I know some states allow limited licensure after obtaining a Masters degree, taking the exam, etc. Michigan is among these, and I know there are a few others. Does anyone know of any or know of a comprehensive listing of states?
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.