Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'mcbb'.
Found 3 results
Got accepted into both programs for PhD and I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. Anyone has any comments, opinions? BU program is guaranteed funding for 5 years while Dartmouth is not. In terms of the biology program Dartmouth has a higher ranking and professors are very approachable. BU is in Boston and I love that city but Dartmouth is only about 2 hours away.
So this round of applications has been widely unsuccessful for me.I received 5/7 outright rejections. Was unofficially wait-listed (i think) at UC Davis, but rejected after the first week of April. My final hope is BU's MCBB program at which I am waitlisted. Even after the April 15th, according to admissions I am still on the waitlist and a decision has not been made on my application. They say they expect to make a decision in a week or two, but that's what they always seem to say and the drag is just becoming quite draining emotionally. I have already been making other plans, applying for RA jobs and contacting potential supervisors in Australia. (I'm an international student with a degree from the University of Sydney) However its quite difficult to make concrete plans until I know the final decision on my application. I would just like to know how long they can actually drag this out? Is there some sort of final date by which Universities need to finalize everything?