Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'offer'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Comment Card
    • Announcements
  • The Cafe
    • City Guide
    • IHOG: International House of Grads
    • The Lobby
  • Applying to Graduate School
    • The April 15th is this week! Freak-out forum.
    • Applications
    • Questions and Answers
    • Waiting it Out
    • Decisions, Decisions
    • The Bank
  • Grad School Life
    • Meet and Greet
    • Officially Grads
    • Coursework, Advising, and Exams
    • Research
    • Teaching
    • Writing, Presenting and Publishing
    • Jobs
  • The Menu
    • Applied Sciences & Mathematics
    • Arts
    • Humanities
    • Interdisciplinary Studies
    • Life Sciences
    • Physical Sciences
    • Professional Programs
    • Social Sciences

Blogs

  • An Optimist's PhD Blog
  • coyabean's Blog
  • Saved for a Rainy Day
  • To infinity and beyond
  • captiv8ed's Blog
  • Pea-Jay's Educational Journey
  • Procrastinating
  • alexis' Blog
  • grassroots and bamboo shoots.
  • Ridgey's blog
  • ScreamingHairyArmadillo's Blog
  • amyeray's Blog
  • Blemo Girl's Guide to Grad School
  • Psychdork's Blog
  • missesENG's Blog
  • bgk's Blog
  • Tall Chai Latte's blog
  • PhD is for Chumps
  • bloggin'
  • NY or KY
  • Deadlines Blog Ferment
  • Going All In
  • In Itinere ad Eruditus
  • Adventures in Grad School-ing
  • inafuturelife
  • The Alchemist's Path
  • The Rocking Blog
  • And Here We Go!
  • Presbygeek's Blog
  • zennin' it
  • Magical Mystery Tour
  • A Beggar's Blog
  • A Senseless Game
  • Jumping into the Fray
  • Asian Studies Masters
  • Around the Block Again
  • A complicated affair
  • Click My Heels Three Times and Get In
  • dimanche0829's Blog
  • Computer Science Crossed Fingers
  • To the Lighthouse
  • Blog of Abnormally Aberrant
  • MissMoneyJenny's Blog
  • Two Masters, an Archive and Tea
  • 20/20 Hindsight
  • Right Now I'm A-Roaming
  • A Future Historian's Journey to PhD
  • St Andrews Lynx's Blog
  • Amerz's Blog
  • Musings of a Biotech Babe
  • TheFez's Blog
  • PhD, Please!
  • Blooming Ecologist
  • Brittle Ductile Transitions
  • Pleiotropic Notions
  • EdTech Enthusiast
  • The Many Flavors of Rhetoric
  • Expanding Horizons
  • Yes, and...
  • Flailing Upward
  • Traumatized, Exhausted, and Still Going
  • Straight Outta Undergrad!
  • A Hitchhikers Guide to Transferring PhD Programs
  • Conquering College Admissions
  • Reflections of an Older Student.
  • ...

Product Groups

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Pronouns


Location


Interests


Program

  1. I received a very positive email from my desired PI a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything since then. Does anyone have an official or unofficial offer?
  2. Hello! I applied for a Research MPhil to Cambridge in December, as per the funding deadline. I have received an offer and I was wondering whether it makes sense to accept my offer while I am waiting to hear about funding. Would accepting my offer work in favour or against me in terms of funding? What I wouldn't want is for me to accept the offer and discourage funding committee from offering me funding because accepting the offer might indicate to them that I would attend regardless of funding. The opposite is also possible: accepting the offer encourages the funding committee to offer me fund
  3. Hi guys! I received my last rejection letter this morning. 4/5 schools that I applied to rejected me, so I don’t really have any other options here. ( I am actually quite happy with going to the school that accepted me ) My question is: Is it a bad idea to accept the admission offer before receiving my financial award package?
  4. I applied for the MSc at the MiNDS Program from McMaster University, but didn't hear anything from them. Did anyone hear anything from those guys? Wondering if its just a delay or if I should just accept the failure
  5. Has anyone heard from Math Department at Purdue... I have applied for PhD program there for Fall 2020. Haven't heard anything from them yet... Strangely quiet
  6. Hello all, I was fortunate enough to get into HKS's MPA/ID program with zero funding. I am a 28 year old India male. I have a bachelors in engineering, have worked for a year in a consulting firm, a year in grassroot rural development and for 3 years at J-PAL. I was nominated for the World Bank Joint Japan Scholarship for MPA/ID but I did not apply for it as I didn't think I would be admitted (idiotic, I know!). Other than MPA/ID I applied for Paris School of Economics for both their APE and PPD programs but the results are pending. I am also fortunate enough to be in a situation wh
  7. Hey guys! I plan to pursue my Masters in International Relations from the UK. I am completely confused about the University that I should accept an offer from, because the data from the internet is really unreliable and inconsistent. Different rankings provide a different status to different universities. So the inconsistency does not really help. My top choices at the moment (in that order) are: 1) LSE 2) SOAS 3) King's College 4)University of Manchester I hold an offer from all the above universities except LSE. I have applied to many other universities fo
  8. I know that the final deadline for accepting offers is 15th of April, but I was wondering if it is possible to receive admission/GRA offers after that date if a faculty members wants you to join their lab.
  9. Hey y'all, Since most of you have gotten your decisions back by now I figured i'd start this thread. Basically it's for people to say where they are turning down, that way those of us still on waitlists will have a better idea about when/if we should be hearing from schools. ALSO, this thread is NOT meant to be a place to harass or attack people with multiple offers on the table who are still deciding. This is obviously a huge decision and some people do need to take more time than others, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
  10. Hi all, Is a score of 307 too low for funding consideration and/or admission to an MPP program? I am not great at standardized tests which is why I am debating retaking it, however, I am not sure I can do that much better. This is the one portion of my application that is causing me anxiety. 5.5 Writing 153 Q 154 V My undergraduate GPA is 3.33 (3.60 in my major) and I will have five years of work experience by the time I enroll. Most of my experience is in private sector within the healthcare industry. Schools I am applying to: Michigan (Ford), Duke (Sanfor
  11. I know this is unethical. I’m just broke and following what is best for my wallet. I recently received an invite to a Masters program (I’ll call this Program A) that I found to be my favorite in terms of my interests. However, it was still going to cost me a bit and funding for students was limited for this program. I figured I was not going to get funded for any other Masters program I applied to anyway, so I should accept the school that is of my best interests: Program A. Well, a week after accepting this offer, the same degree but at another institution, Program B, offers me ac
  12. Hi, I've applied to a 5 grad schools for Engineering Management and I'm yet to receive the decisions from 4 schools. One of the schools has offered me admissions as well as a scholarship offer. However, I've the deadline to respond to this in about another week's time. This school is my 5th choice among the 5 schools. Can I accept the offer now and then later decline it if I get into any of the other schools? Or should I ask for a date extension as to when I can accept or decline their offer?
  13. Hey, just wondering if anyone has heard back from Brock University for their M.A. of Social Justice and Equity Studies? Or for any of their grad programs for that matter? I'm having a hard time finding this information online and wanted to hear some previous experiences! Thanks.
  14. I applied to a few schools in early January and was accepted to my reach school and accepted an offer. I just got an interview invite for one if the applications today and I'm wondering what I should do. Should I just do the interview and see what they have to say? I'm worried that of it goes well I'll get an offer and at this point I don't see myself really taking it over the first program. Any advice welcome
  15. Hello everyone, I got an email from the chair of the department I was applying to. It goes like this, " We are pleased to offer you condition admission. But before we can offer you an official admission with financial assistance, we must match you with a research advisor who can provide financial support." What does this mean ? Do I write to the Professor I was in contact with again ? Is this a sure offer? I don't know if I can celebrate yet :\ Any leads will be much appreciated.
  16. Around two weeks ago, I went for my final interview/campus visit. It was an unusual case because the department did not offer any official interview or recruitment days for prospective students, so my POI arranged a short visit just for me. After the interview trip, I sent her a thank you email as usual, but never heard back. Several days later, after thinking everything through and meeting with my current mentor, I made my decision to accept my offer elsewhere. I sent her another email saying that I was declining, and I really tried to emphasize how grateful I was for her efforts in arranging
  17. I heard back yesterday from the first school I interviewed at in early Feb, saying I had an acceptance offer and to respond by Feb 26. However, I know for a fact that the other 2 schools I interviewed at send out offers in early March. I'm really looking to get into these other 2 schools but don't want to lose the first acceptance offer if I get rejected by both. Should I email the director of the first school to ask for an extension, or ask the other two schools for an earlier notification? (I'm leaning towards the former, since it won't hurt me as much). Also, all these programs are tiny so
  18. Hi. Let's say one is offered acceptance into an experimental/social psychology PhD program at an okayyy school (but full tuition waved + stipend) AND offered acceptance into psychology terminal masters program at a much better school -- say NYU -- (however no stipend or tuition waived)...... which should he choose? NYU was my top school, but I was only accepted for terminal MA without funding. But I also have an offer right now with full funding for PhD program. It's just not a very prestigious program -- recent doctorates of this program aren't getting great jobs in academia.
  19. Hi folks, Anyone who has applied to the school of engineering (Lassonde) at York U got something, any news? I'm kinda starting to freak out as I submitted all docs on Jan 26 and deadline was Feb 8 but still nothing. I've applied to start on this fall. My status on MyFile has been so far "No decision yet". Thanks
  20. Hi So I've accepted an offer from a graduate school online and am now wondering whether there are some additional steps I need to take to officially accept the offer (e.g. mail the school a signed acknowledgement of acceptance). Where I come from, the process of accepting grad school offers is somewhat more complicated and usually involves quite a lot of hard copy documentation. Is simply clicking the Accept button enough?
  21. After literally weeks of trying to concoct the perfect email to decline am offer to a school I REALLY liked, I finally hit send (and died a little inside). I was hoping for a response that didn't require follow-up, but her exact words were, "Hi LAS22--well I'm disappointed, obviously, but best wishes in your future studies! Are you going to another PhD program?" Ugh. Now I have to respond and I've been panicking over it for a week now... How do I respond?? Do I tell her what school I'm going to? Do I tell her why? Do I reiterate how difficult of a decision this was? I'm t
  22. Hi, I just received a funded offer for graduate school but the deadline is the 10th, this Canadian school doesn't follow the CGS rules I guess. I have competing US offers on the 15th but I still haven't visited this Canadian school and one of my US schools yet. I would very much prefer to push this deadline to the 15th, so I have time to visit both schools and make a good decision. What is the best way for me to ask for an extension? By phone or email? Who is the best contact for this, the graduate program director or the administrative assistant?
  23. I accepted an verbal offer from a faculty in a research university. I am expecting an official letter offer to sign. However, I just came to know that I might receive an offer from a program that I rank higher. Therefore, how bad will it look if I accept the new offer from the program and write a thoughtful letter to the faculty from the first school before officially signing his offer?
  24. Hello! I am panicking. Does anyone know what the deadline is for accepting an acceptance offer from Sarah Lawrence? I assumed it was April 15th, but could I be wrong? Their application portal says: Please note the enrollment deposit due dates below:MFA Writing Program: March 15th (If for any reason you would like an extension, please contact Paige Ackerson-Kiely, packerson@sarahlawrence.edu) March 15th (TODAY!) is crazy, right?? I haven't even heard back from all my schools! And they're on Spring Break right now, so I can't seem to get in touch with anyone. HELP
  25. Hi. I am applying to the Sociology PhD program in several schools for fall 2017. For now, I have received two offers with fundings, but I am still waiting for the decision from Rutgers University. The tricky thing is one of my offer has an earlier deadline other than April 15 (for this school is not in the US), and I need to give them a reply before mid-March. I am wondering if by then I still do not hear from Rutgers, can I just call them and say I need to make a decision very soon and I want to know how good of a chance I still have to be admitted to Rutgers? Thanks!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.