Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'spring admission'.
Found 3 results
Hello all, Quick question regarding NYU Wagner and Columbia SIPA - am I decreasing my chances by applying for Spring admission to their respective MPA programs? There seems to be a thread from a few years back stating that SIPA admits roughly the same percentage of a much smaller applicant pool in the spring (which was my initial understanding when I began this process), but other than that, there is precious little information regarding spring admission to either program - on their respective websites, this site, and the internet at large, so to speak. The reasoning behind my timetable was largely due to the cyclical nature of my job with early fall deadlines / early winter notification for Spring admission making the most sense for me. Realistically, I am a good candidate for both programs, but, as far as I can tell, by no means standout. Would it significantly increase my odds to apply either early action at SIPA, or wait until NYU's first general fall deadline in December? Chances are I am overthinking this. Just curious if anyone else is in the same boat, or has any insight. This forum really has been instrumental in preserving my sanity throughout this process. Thanks in advance!
Hi, I am applying to do my Masters in Communication Sciences at Saint Rose for Spring 2013. Does anyone have any information regarding if its harder to get in for the spring semester? I was asked to do an interview but had to decline due to timing, personal issues, so I have requested that they keep my applicaiton under consideration for the spring. Any students who go there, how do you like the program? Are there many internatonal students? I am from Canada. Thanks.
I applied to one program that begins in January and haven't heard yet. I submitted in early November, but my third recommender waited until the deadline to submit her letter. I know it hasn't been very long since the deadline (12/1), but if admitted, I'd really like to take the offer and the idea of registering so close to the beginning of the semester totally freaks me out! Plus, I will be traveling out of the country soon and want to be available for any administrative issues should they arise. AND I'm getting married in February, so life is already pretty crazy and knowing whether I'll be in school come January would really make me feel less panicky. Agh! Is anyone else still waiting on a spring semester decision? I can't stop checking my phone--I am so jumpy!