Yale MFA 2018

Sylvieee

7 minutes ago, Padfoot said:

In that case, all the best everyone! Also, just to confirm, do we check our mailboxes or the application pages?

for the last few years its been on the application.  You may get an email telling you to check your application as well.

4 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

for the last few years its been on the application.  You may get an email telling you to check your application as well.

Thank you for letting us know! I'm still not sure if it's more or less helpful for my anxiety levels to have an idea when we'll find out but we can last one more day :) 

6 minutes ago, Lipa said:

Wow you applied twice and you are going for a third time?  I will be so humiliated already. It’s not easy theee times but I give you all the credit in the world. 

From what I've heard, it takes a lot of people a few tries to get into Yale. The application pools are different every year and because they're curating a class with the current first years in mind, your chances are different each cycle. If you really know that you want to go there, it makes sense to give it a few shots! That's my plan anyway.

Edited by Hemlock028

13 minutes ago, Lipa said:

Wow you applied twice and you are going for a third time?  I will be so humiliated already. It’s not easy theee times but I give you all the credit in the world. 

Yep third and probably last time.  I felt that way the first time, but really rejection is a part of life, so you gotta keep trying,  Plus im in no big rush so im not too worried about it.

51 minutes ago, Lipa said:

It's not uncommon that people apply a few times to get into the best programs. Infact, at the Yale open house forum, Byron Kim emphasized that a lot of people apply more than once. 

Is this anyone's second time applying? Something that struck me as extremely fortifying at Yale's open house were the two first year students on the panel that had been flat out rejected without an interview or anything the first time they applied. And then seeing them sitting there... we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves if we don't make it this time! But still sending positive vibes to everyone for tomorrow! I wish I knew when in the day we'll be getting that email!

2 hours ago, Lipa said:

You shouldn't be humiliated about getting rejected from or reapplying to any school! What schools want changes and the admissions process has a lot to do with fit.  Not getting into Yale doesn't even mean that the faculty doesn't respect your work. Art is too weird, subjective, and personal to take any single rejection as a reflection of you as an artist. 

1 hour ago, TheBarnOwl said:

Is this anyone's second time applying? Something that struck me as extremely fortifying at Yale's open house were the two first year students on the panel that had been flat out rejected without an interview or anything the first time they applied. And then seeing them sitting there... we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves if we don't make it this time! But still sending positive vibes to everyone for tomorrow! I wish I knew when in the day we'll be getting that email!

Based on previous forums we will find out 9 pm new haven time.

14 minutes ago, Sylvieee said:

Based on previous forums we will find out 9 pm new haven time.

? I feel like the build up to this is going to be way worse then getting rejected. The anticipation just kills me.

1 hour ago, Mr.PoopyButtHole said:

Getting sushi tomorrow with friends to soften the blow b/c I will definetly need some pick me ups if things go south. ? ?

What are y’all planning for tomorrow? 

Still trying to figure that out.......

Also interested in what others are doing tomorrow in the evening while waiting??

I'm planning to meet friends early for drinks- around 4pm, ha, and then go see a band play. That way when the decisions come in I'll either be in a right place to celebrate or else I'll just not say anything about it all night and deal with the emotional repercussions the next morning.