Hi everyone!

I applied on 10/24/2017 but there were some holds I was unaware of that was finally released near the closing date of the applications.

My stats:

BS in Business Admin (GPA 3.4)
MA in Public Admin (GPA 3.5)

I currently work full time as a QA Analyst for a company that's dedicated to providing healthcare for those on government assistance (over 1.5 years).  I work part time as an ABA therapist for children with autism (4.5 months). I have about 11 months of volunteer experience for Big Brothers Big Sisters of OC. I have an interview today at noon so I'm super nervous. But from what I've read, I heard the interview is pretty easy going. I'm wondering if there's anyone who's been interviewed and then denied admission to the program??

16 hours ago, BrendaServin said:

That's what I've been hearing/reading.. a lot of the people who have heard back have been mental health. Did you apply for he CalSwec? I emailed Kelly today, just asking for an update on when we expect to hear back. I know she won't have a clear answer, but I just need something to ease my mind lol. 

I did apply for the CalSwec. I emailed kelly a few days ago and she responded saying that they hoped to have admission decisions mailed out by the middle of May. Did she respond to you?

1 hour ago, Dhurst08 said:

I did apply for the CalSwec. I emailed kelly a few days ago and she responded saying that they hoped to have admission decisions mailed out by the middle of May. Did she respond to you?

Oh good! I did too! this makes me feel better, maybe they are doing it by concentration? No she hasn't responded. Let me know as soon as you hear anything, I'll do the same!

3 hours ago, kjcandy said:

Hi everyone!

I applied on 10/24/2017 but there were some holds I was unaware of that was finally released near the closing date of the applications.

My stats:

BS in Business Admin (GPA 3.4)
MA in Public Admin (GPA 3.5)

I currently work full time as a QA Analyst for a company that's dedicated to providing healthcare for those on government assistance (over 1.5 years).  I work part time as an ABA therapist for children with autism (4.5 months). I have about 11 months of volunteer experience for Big Brothers Big Sisters of OC. I have an interview today at noon so I'm super nervous. But from what I've read, I heard the interview is pretty easy going. I'm wondering if there's anyone who's been interviewed and then denied admission to the program??

Good Luck! and congrats on hearing back! what concentration did you apply for?

12 hours ago, Jessica Steen said:

I’ve offically enrolled into Fullerton’s program. If anyone else decides  to enroll let me know, I would love to have some friends going into the program. 

Congrats! I hope I hear back soon! getting super anxious

I applied to the MSW program at CSUF my GPA is a 3.06 for the last 60 unit and overall cumulative. I have 5  year work experience (after getting my BA in psych) working as a behavioral therapist and case manager . Before getting my BA I volunteered and interned with foster youth, at charter schools, after school programs,  tutoring and mentoring. I am really anxious because I still have not heard back from CSUF. I have seen on this forum that it seems like the mental health concentrations are being interviewed first. My concentration is Child  welfare. is anyone else in my situation? does anyone else have a low GPA like mijne that have heard back and have been accepted?  It seems like alot of people here have a 3.3 and above. Did everyone get an interview before getting accepted? 

12 hours ago, V_2018 said:

Hi everyone! :)

My interview is coming up and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice!  How did you all prepare for your interview?

Bring a copy of your resume. They will ask why you chose your specific concentration, about your experience, what population you think will be difficult to handle, ways you handle/overcome stress, what you know about the calswec. Those were the major ones I remember

15 hours ago, JENMSW18' said:

I applied to the MSW program at CSUF my GPA is a 3.06 for the last 60 unit and overall cumulative. I have 5  year work experience (after getting my BA in psych) working as a behavioral therapist and case manager . Before getting my BA I volunteered and interned with foster youth, at charter schools, after school programs,  tutoring and mentoring. I am really anxious because I still have not heard back from CSUF. I have seen on this forum that it seems like the mental health concentrations are being interviewed first. My concentration is Child  welfare. is anyone else in my situation? does anyone else have a low GPA like mijne that have heard back and have been accepted?  It seems like alot of people here have a 3.3 and above. Did everyone get an interview before getting accepted? 

I Haven't heard back either. My stats are VERY similar to yours. I also applied for CalSwec 

I got my acceptance letter via email today!

Interviewed on March 21, 2018
Got accepted today, March 28, 2018

I haven't heard anything about CalSwec yet however. Anyone know roughly when students hear back regarding the stipend?

41 minutes ago, kjcandy said:

I got my acceptance letter via email today!

Interviewed on March 21, 2018
Got accepted today, March 28, 2018

I haven't heard anything about CalSwec yet however. Anyone know roughly when students hear back regarding the stipend?

I believe for the CalSwec, you wont hear back until you have officially said "yes" to enrolling for the MSW program (at least that is what my friend told me who applied last year). Sadly I have not even gotten an email in regards to scheduling an interview :unsure:. Congrats on getting accepted! 

2 hours ago, Dhurst08 said:

no :/ I also applied for the CalSwec

It's so frustrating looking at my emails every second and not seeing the email I've been waiting for!!!! & then going on here and reading about everyone that got accepted :( when I haven't even gotten an email about scheduling an interview....Slowly loosing my hope -_-

36 minutes ago, BrendaServin said:

I believe for the CalSwec, you wont hear back until you have officially said "yes" to enrolling for the MSW program (at least that is what my friend told me who applied last year). Sadly I have not even gotten an email in regards to scheduling an interview :unsure:. Congrats on getting accepted! 

Oh I see.. okay thanks, I think I've read that too somewhere.

And I wouldn't worry too much yet. It seems like most of those with a concentration in Child Welfare have not heard back yet and I know interviews can go all the way to end of April (if I'm not mistaken). I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress! Sending positive vibes your way

2 hours ago, kjcandy said:

Oh I see.. okay thanks, I think I've read that too somewhere.

And I wouldn't worry too much yet. It seems like most of those with a concentration in Child Welfare have not heard back yet and I know interviews can go all the way to end of April (if I'm not mistaken). I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress! Sending positive vibes your way

Aww thanks! I hope to hear soon! I need all the positive vibes I can get lol. 

But OH GOSH! I don't think I can wait until the end of April! lol

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:49 PM, Jessica Steen said:

I’ve offically enrolled into Fullerton’s program. If anyone else decides  to enroll let me know, I would love to have some friends going into the program. 

I'm officially enrolled as well! I would love to have some friends too. My concentration is in Child Welfare.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:26 AM, kjcandy said:

Did anyone with a concentration in Child Welfare hear back yet for an interview?

i also did not hear back and i also applied to the calswec stipend. i called the school and they said they are not done with calling ppl for interviews yet. let me know if you hear from anyone about an interview!.