1 hour ago, candycaneprincess said:

To those who have been admitted, after paying the enrollment deposit and accepting admission on the portal and application site, did you guys get any snail mail or follow up emails? It's been nearly 2 weeks and I am still expectant because the website says "You will be hearing from us shortly with next steps."

So I hope this helps a little. I emailed Elizabeth Gebhardt the administrative assistant for the MSW program on 4/11 asking that same question. She assured me that my two steps were complete. This is what she let me know "The next steps that the email is referring concern getting the field placement process started. You were one of the earlier students we admitted, and we’ll need to get the incoming class a bit more shaped up before we begin working on field. You should be hearing from the field directors in May." If you have questions I also email the department, they also get back to me in a timely manner and answer all my questions. 

37 minutes ago, tbe45 said:

So I hope this helps a little. I emailed Elizabeth Gebhardt the administrative assistant for the MSW program on 4/11 asking that same question. She assured me that my two steps were complete. This is what she let me know "The next steps that the email is referring concern getting the field placement process started. You were one of the earlier students we admitted, and we’ll need to get the incoming class a bit more shaped up before we begin working on field. You should be hearing from the field directors in May." If you have questions I also email the department, they also get back to me in a timely manner and answer all my questions. 

Thanks for the info! It really was helpful! Like you suggested, I think I will send them an email because I have been calling their office for several days but they haven't been picking up haha... 

On 4/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, tbe45 said:

Hello! I have been following this thread for some time now and though I would join in. I submitted my paper work on 1/12, got an email to set up an interview on 3/10, did the interview over skype on 3/22, and then was accepted to the program on 3/28. I accepted the offer and am excited to start in Fall 2018. My concentration is aging and I not yet seen anyone with that concentration on here yet. 

I'm also doing the aging concentration! 

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to get your opinion on my chances of getting in. I submitted the application on the last day and did my interview on 3/12/2018. In the past forums and even on this year's forum, it seems that those who had an interview usually hear back on their acceptance a week or two after their interview. Since I haven't been contacted in over a month, should I assume I'll eventually be denied entry? I know that they're still considering potential students till mid May, but I'm not confident. My plan was to apply to this program, and if I got denied, I'd start looking for a long term job that I'm passionate about. I want to start applying to jobs now, but I'm weary in case I by chance get into the program. What are your thoughts? I hate waiting till May to officially hear back and possibly start applying and interviewing for jobs. 

Much appreciated, 
Andrea