1 hour ago, candycaneprincess said:

To those who have been admitted, after paying the enrollment deposit and accepting admission on the portal and application site, did you guys get any snail mail or follow up emails? It's been nearly 2 weeks and I am still expectant because the website says "You will be hearing from us shortly with next steps."

So I hope this helps a little. I emailed Elizabeth Gebhardt the administrative assistant for the MSW program on 4/11 asking that same question. She assured me that my two steps were complete. This is what she let me know "The next steps that the email is referring concern getting the field placement process started. You were one of the earlier students we admitted, and we’ll need to get the incoming class a bit more shaped up before we begin working on field. You should be hearing from the field directors in May." If you have questions I also email the department, they also get back to me in a timely manner and answer all my questions. 

37 minutes ago, tbe45 said:

So I hope this helps a little. I emailed Elizabeth Gebhardt the administrative assistant for the MSW program on 4/11 asking that same question. She assured me that my two steps were complete. This is what she let me know "The next steps that the email is referring concern getting the field placement process started. You were one of the earlier students we admitted, and we’ll need to get the incoming class a bit more shaped up before we begin working on field. You should be hearing from the field directors in May." If you have questions I also email the department, they also get back to me in a timely manner and answer all my questions. 

Thanks for the info! It really was helpful! Like you suggested, I think I will send them an email because I have been calling their office for several days but they haven't been picking up haha... 

On 4/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, tbe45 said:

Hello! I have been following this thread for some time now and though I would join in. I submitted my paper work on 1/12, got an email to set up an interview on 3/10, did the interview over skype on 3/22, and then was accepted to the program on 3/28. I accepted the offer and am excited to start in Fall 2018. My concentration is aging and I not yet seen anyone with that concentration on here yet. 

I'm also doing the aging concentration! 

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to get your opinion on my chances of getting in. I submitted the application on the last day and did my interview on 3/12/2018. In the past forums and even on this year's forum, it seems that those who had an interview usually hear back on their acceptance a week or two after their interview. Since I haven't been contacted in over a month, should I assume I'll eventually be denied entry? I know that they're still considering potential students till mid May, but I'm not confident. My plan was to apply to this program, and if I got denied, I'd start looking for a long term job that I'm passionate about. I want to start applying to jobs now, but I'm weary in case I by chance get into the program. What are your thoughts? I hate waiting till May to officially hear back and possibly start applying and interviewing for jobs. 

Much appreciated, 
Andrea

11 hours ago, Dreeaa85 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to get your opinion on my chances of getting in. I submitted the application on the last day and did my interview on 3/12/2018. In the past forums and even on this year's forum, it seems that those who had an interview usually hear back on their acceptance a week or two after their interview. Since I haven't been contacted in over a month, should I assume I'll eventually be denied entry? I know that they're still considering potential students till mid May, but I'm not confident. My plan was to apply to this program, and if I got denied, I'd start looking for a long term job that I'm passionate about. I want to start applying to jobs now, but I'm weary in case I by chance get into the program. What are your thoughts? I hate waiting till May to officially hear back and possibly start applying and interviewing for jobs. 

Much appreciated, 
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

You shouldn’t assume you’ll be denied because you never know! Maybe they’re still debating between people or maybe people who were accepted will deny it so there will be open slots. Next week is the beginning of May and Segovia should be close to done notifying people of their  Acceptance so yeah I would start applying to places because employers take a while to get back to applicants anyways. And if you get an interview and/or get a job offer then awesome but that doesn’t mean you have to take the job. And if you don’t get into the program then work and apply again to this program and other programs next year. I wish you the best and don’t worry because things will work out! (: 

17 minutes ago, ssmmvv said:

Hi Andrea,

You shouldn’t assume you’ll be denied because you never know! Maybe they’re still debating between people or maybe people who were accepted will deny it so there will be open slots. Next week is the beginning of May and Segovia should be close to done notifying people of their  Acceptance so yeah I would start applying to places because employers take a while to get back to applicants anyways. And if you get an interview and/or get a job offer then awesome but that doesn’t mean you have to take the job. And if you don’t get into the program then work and apply again to this program and other programs next year. I wish you the best and don’t worry because things will work out! ?

Thank you so much!

22 hours ago, Dreeaa85 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Much appreciated, 
Andrea

Hey!, so this is what she told me when I asked her about a "deadline" to hear back: "  If not before we hope to have notifications, via email, to all applicants by the middle of May to let you know if you were accepted into the program or not."   Unfortunately I haven't even gotten an email about a possible interview, or a rejection, so will see what happens. But I hope this helps. 

9 hours ago, BrendaServin said:

ugh neither have I. I made the mistake of only applying to CSUF ?, lesson learned if I don't get in this year I will apply to more schools next year for sure!

I would definitely say don't give up just yet! I applied to both CSULB and CSUF but I was dead set on going to CSUF. I was just about to give up on csuf and head to csulb when I was notified that I can schedule an appointment for an interview. I have my interview tomorrow morning. 

So I would wait until at least the end of May. I applied for the community mental health emphasis. I'm seeing that it seems people who are doing child welfare are late in receiving notification as well so maybe wait just a bit longer and see.

Hope I helped some!

1 hour ago, Dhurst08 said:

I got an email yesterday morning. Don't give up hope yet!

Yey! congrats! when is your interview? 

I talked to my friend yesterday and she said she didn't hear from them until May 15th! so will see what happens. 

14 hours ago, ? Mimi ? said:

I would definitely say don't give up just yet! I applied to both CSULB and CSUF but I was dead set on going to CSUF. I was just about to give up on csuf and head to csulb when I was notified that I can schedule an appointment for an interview. I have my interview tomorrow morning. 

So I would wait until at least the end of May. I applied for the community mental health emphasis. I'm seeing that it seems people who are doing child welfare are late in receiving notification as well so maybe wait just a bit longer and see.

Hope I helped some!

Congrats on your interview!

Yeah I've noticed that too, my friend applied two years ago (she just graduated) and she didn't hear until May 15th! so that gives me some hope back. Good luck on your interview! let me know how it goes. 

I got in into the Flex Program!!! I received the email yesterday which was exactly a week from my interview! My concentration is mental health! :) to give people hope, my cumulative GPA was 2.90 but I think my time working with the special needs population helped me out! Good luck to everyone else!

Hello! I applied to CSUF a couple days before the deadline and interviewed on April 10th and still have yet to hear anything about acceptance ? Is it normal to not hear back after a couple weeks? I'm just nervous!!

(Also anyone else who applied to CSULB or CSUN heard back about interviews yet?)

Edited by sydaustralia101
additional info added

On 4/26/2018 at 10:05 AM, BrendaServin said:

Congrats on your interview!

Yeah I've noticed that too, my friend applied two years ago (she just graduated) and she didn't hear until May 15th! so that gives me some hope back. Good luck on your interview! let me know how it goes. 

Thanks! It went great. Kelly was really nice. I was also interviewed by a second person at the same time. Unfortunately, I forgot her name because I wasn't expecting her. They were both great. They recommended the flex program to me because they saw how attached I was to my job (working with children) and she told me to let her know if I would rather be in that program. They asked some questions as well that I dont think were mentioned on here though. Let me know if you would like to know them ?

9 hours ago, ? Mimi ? said:

Thanks! It went great. Kelly was really nice. I was also interviewed by a second person at the same time. Unfortunately, I forgot her name because I wasn't expecting her. They were both great. They recommended the flex program to me because they saw how attached I was to my job (working with children) and she told me to let her know if I would rather be in that program. They asked some questions as well that I dont think were mentioned on here though. Let me know if you would like to know them ?

Oh that's great! Thanks, If I ever hear from them I will let you know if I will need the questions lol  :) thanks for offering. 

On 4/23/2018 at 11:02 AM, Dreeaa85 said:

Hi Everyone, 

Much appreciated, 
Andrea

Im in the same boat too lol, i had my interview on April 10th and have yet to hear back even though its been about 3 weeks now. I hope you get an acceptance soon!!