MIT Admission Results

Rajashik

20 minutes ago, minuto said:

Ah then the small time slot would make more sense.

No it is not an estimate, I remember it being on a rejection letter posted on the results page last year. 

Here they mention 2778 applications for the 2014-2015 cycle, apparently obtained by the department so it should be an official number- https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-admission-statistics-for-top-schools-in-computer-science-information-science-and-computer-engineering 

I think the number increases every year.

Yeah I remember reading a 3000+ number on a thread on this forum last year; someone had posted their acceptance letter verbatim. Man my heart is racing!! Even though I’m not applying for the circuits group, I think this indicates that the results might have a Feb first week release, similar to last year. I’m so excited! 2 more weeks!

Maaaaaaaaan, MIT EECS is such a troll, sending out this email:

"
Thank you for applying to our graduate program in EECS at MIT.  Our graduate admissions committee is working diligently in the evaluation of all applications.  We wish to share two pieces of information with you.

1. Admission notifications will be issued over a period of time and completed by the end of February.
2. For applicants who are admitted into our graduate program, our
visit days begin the evening of Tuesday, March 6th and end late afternoon on Thursday, March 8.
Thank you again for your submission."

Got me excited for no reason :mellow:

I didn't receive the email... don't know if they're sending it in batches (wouldn't make much sense) or if I should be worried.

EDIT: just got it

Edited by minuto

I got it as well. I think it’s just a standard email, but when I read the email my heart was racing. I started with scanning for key words, like “congratulations,” because I couldn’t bear to read the full email first. Man, this just caught me unaware — I thought it was a decision email. I really can’t wait till February!

4 hours ago, minuto said:

I can see an EECS admission in the result page...

DId anyone here receive any email today? Some people on the results page are talking about receiving an email. I didn’t get anything, guess that means I got rejected?

3 minutes ago, PlsAdmitMePls said:

DId anyone here receive any email today? Some people on the results page are talking about receiving an email. I didn’t get anything, guess that means I got rejected?

I'm pretty sure they're referring to the email we got yesterday. It looks like they're really staggering the  batches.

6 hours ago, PlsAdmitMePls said:

I was just about to comment on that! My stress is through the roof. Time to check my email 200 times a day, instead of the regular 100!

Only 200 times? :P

These days, I close one gradcafe tab, pause for a few seconds, and then proceed to open gradcafe again, forgetting that I was JUST on it...
I think I need help :wacko: haha

33 minutes ago, SVorPhD said:

These days, I close one gradcafe tab, pause for a few seconds, and then proceed to open gradcafe again, forgetting that I was JUST on it...

Haha, I find myself doing that same thing at times...

1 hour ago, SVorPhD said:

I do the same, as well! I genuinely get anxious if I don’t have it open in the background. That, and email alerts switched on.

Edited by PlsAdmitMePls

I want to be positive so let's think about the best case scenario: would international students get a (partial maybe) reimbursement if they want to visit MIT during the visit days in March?

Many universities reimburse all travel expenses for interviews, though I’m not certain if MIT does. I think the best thing to do would be to reach out to the graduate office with this question. Any answers from this forum might be too generic and might not be the actual situation for your group.

So I was told by a professor that official notifications are out in the next weeks as every year. Every acceptance in the result survey is most likely unofficial.

Oh wow, that's an incredible insight, thanks for sharing! By any chance, Do you know if they will release the bulk of the results next week, or will they release it in the next weeks (i.e. next week and onwards)? Looking at the results page as well as the graphs posted on the other thread, I'm inclined to estimate a next Thursday/Friday release for the majority of the results, but it would be great if we could get insider confirmation!

I don't know that, but I would say it's going to be like every year where the first Thursday/Friday of February is when the majority of decisions go out!

And then there's still a little chance to get admitted afterwards until end of Feb (as their email also states).

Edited by minuto

It's either going to be today or next week. I'm really hoping for the former as I don't want to spend another weekend stressing out. However it's only the 2nd of February.

It's such a shame that the first days of February when results usually come out are a weekend.