Fall 2018 Masters of Health Informatics

hanam

Same, and it's already March 8th :S

Can I also just say thanks to everyone for posting and stuff on here. Having people to freak out with makes this whole process a lot easier lol

Edited by NanBD

Hey guys, I decided to join this forum as well because the more of us contribute to it and let others know, if we have heard back, the better. UofT is doing things really late this year as I've heard from people. For example, Queen's has already sent out admissions offers a while ago, a friend was telling me today.

I only applied to Uoft Masters in Health Informatics as well as a graduate diploma in health informatics at a college. Really hoping to hear at least SOMETHING from them soon so I can be mentally prepared for what to do next! 

22 minutes ago, MaryZ said:

Hey guys, I decided to join this forum as well because the more of us contribute to it and let others know, if we have heard back, the better. UofT is doing things really late this year as I've heard from people. For example, Queen's has already sent out admissions offers a while ago, a friend was telling me today.

I only applied to Uoft Masters in Health Informatics as well as a graduate diploma in health informatics at a college. Really hoping to hear at least SOMETHING from them soon so I can be mentally prepared for what to do next! 

I've done a grad diploma a few years back in HI at a college. Looking to get my MHI now.

Hey Guys,

I know everyone is really anxious I have been too. I just wanted to pass on that I received an interview offer via email for April 4 for the Masters in Health Informatics at U of T. It looks like a bit a prep work might be involved. It's a 40 min interview process, with a preparation of a five minute presentation on an informatics topic of your choice. There is also a writing component that you cannot prep for, it takes approx 20 mins. I am wishing you all good luck!

I was accepted to Waterloo MHI program Feb 6th. I just received an email today from McMaster for an interview for next weekend! Quick question, my acceptance letter from waterloo required me to accept or decline their offer no later then 2 weeks after receiving the admission letter. What did everyone else do who is still waiting to hear back from their other schools? I already accepted as I was happy with attending either school, however now that I received an interview  from McMaster I am wondering if I still have options if I were to receive an offer from McMaster. Are there rules to declining once you've already accepted and choosing a different school? Not even sure if I would even consider this, just wondering what my options are incase. 

On 3/8/2018 at 2:34 PM, chekz said:

I've done a grad diploma a few years back in HI at a college. Looking to get my MHI now.

Hey if you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to apply for a masters? And what opinions do you hold of college HI programs? Do they prepare you to work in this field?

I personally want a masters because of the programs offer theoretical foundations in information systems and not just applications, the latter of which I am assuming can be gained from college HI.

However, I deeply regret not applying to other universities besides UofT, I just wanted to stay close to home. I wonder how many interview invites they send out per round and if they'll send more Monday. Ugh the cortisol levels are too high right now! :unsure:

Good luck on the interview guys!

28 minutes ago, Seait said:

Hi Guys! I contacted Zoe and she confirmed that she is not done sending out the interview invites yet; the remaining invites will be sent out next week. So hang in there and don't fret just yet! 

You saved me from a weekend of moping. Thanks for the info!

12 hours ago, dardalys said:

Hey Guys,

I know everyone is really anxious I have been too. I just wanted to pass on that I received an interview offer via email for April 4 for the Masters in Health Informatics at U of T. It looks like a bit a prep work might be involved. It's a 40 min interview process, with a preparation of a five minute presentation on an informatics topic of your choice. There is also a writing component that you cannot prep for, it takes approx 20 mins. I am wishing you all good luck!

Congrats. Can you please share what experience do you have prior to applying for MHI program?

7 hours ago, MERobyn said:

I was accepted to Waterloo MHI program Feb 6th. I just received an email today from McMaster for an interview for next weekend! Quick question, my acceptance letter from waterloo required me to accept or decline their offer no later then 2 weeks after receiving the admission letter. What did everyone else do who is still waiting to hear back from their other schools? I already accepted as I was happy with attending either school, however now that I received an interview  from McMaster I am wondering if I still have options if I were to receive an offer from McMaster. Are there rules to declining once you've already accepted and choosing a different school? Not even sure if I would even consider this, just wondering what my options are incase. 

Are you working in health information field already? When did you apply for MHI program?

Edited by SARDEEP